Sign in to follow this  
Guest tyrant

Active RTE question

Hi, Maybe i'm missing something but, why is my active rte always attached to the aircraft symbol in the ND? When I get airbourne and i fly vectors the purple line is always attached to the triangle so you cannot see how far off the original route you are, nor can you see your original route on the ND.I see the pics in the FMC manual are not as i described, but as i expect them.Jason

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hmm, that is odd. So your saying that the route never seems to waiver from the triange(or A/C). The only time that it should be on the route is if your in LNAV. For example, lets say you depart from an airport expecting to fly the departure as programed in your FMC. But due to traffic ATC has you make a number of vectors which ultimately takes you off the planned route. Your saying that the ND shows the airplane never waivered from the course? Sounds like a preflight error when you programed the FMC, but I dont know all of the details.Brian

Hi Brian,The FMC is set up right, just like my PMDG aircraft. But it just seems wherever I fly, not in LNAV, the rte line is permanently fixed to my aircraft triangle. So lets just say i'm in LNAV, on track and I switch to HDG mode to avoid a bit of WX, if I fly away from my route by 20 degrees for a couple of minutes, you wont be able to see in the ND how far off the rte you are coz the d@mn thing is clinging on to the nose of the T7 for dear life :)Jason

Sign in to follow this