Sign in to follow this  
Guest jjdoutch

Autoland

Guest jjdoutch

Hi all,Hope you can helpHave enjoyed the 777, but ive only done ils assisted landings so far. How do I perform a VFR approach with the fmc and vnav etc? Ive managed it with PSS airbus range and PMDG 747 (very scenic autoland into juliana intl).Reason I ask, today I flew to VC Bird international and the FMC/vnav got it very very wrong, cant seem to find advice in the manual on the practicalities of setting it up.Kind regards,

Guest Phoenix5

Hello,I am a little confused by your question.You can program the approach in the same manner that you program it in the A330/340, but the autoland requires a ILS beacon. Without an ILS beacon sending out the Glideslope and LOC information you need to fly the final approach by hand/visually. You would want to be roughly 6nm/1800 ft and descending at approx. 500 ~ 700 ft/min, using the PAPI or TVASI as a visual reference.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.