Sign in to follow this  
Guest dp

Sids / Stars and FS2004 ATC

Guest dp

I have just purchased the T7 and am wondering what people do with regards to Microsoft's ATC.Is it just me or is Microsoft's ATC completely oblivious to Sids / Stars at airports ? I'd like to fly with ATC, but use standard Sids / stars and the ATC tends to send me off the relevant Sid / starWhat do people do to get around this ?Many Thanks for help /suggestionsDavid Pollard

Guest NormanB

DP,The default ATC knows nothing about SIDs / STARs. I havent tried Radar Contact 4 so can't comment if it does or not. For me there is only one way and that is to fly online be it with IVAO or, as I prefer, VATSIM.

Guest sooty

I use FSNavigator, and add the SID and STAR, then export in FS2004 Format. ATC usually obey the SID, but the STAR can be more tricky. When you are assigned the Landing Runway, it is sometimes possible to pick a Transition using the Select Another Approach. I then request this approach and pick the ILS Runway and a transition that is known to the FMC. ATC will then clear you for the transition and only generally start vectoring you if there is conflicting traffic. A good one to try is Heathrow EGLL ILS09L/R using the BNN transition. Once they clear you to BNN, you can use VNAV/LNAV until you intercept the ILS, without ATC vectoring you all over the place.Martin.

Guest theundertaker1998

Hopefully Microsoft will fix this in FSX but i doubt it...

Just enter the sid/star waypoints in the flightplan, and msfs ATC plays along.You can do it manually, or use something like FSbuild.JohanA LITTLE LESS CONVERSATION, AND A LITTLE MORE ACTION PLEASE!HELP:http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=238882

Guest dp

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I ordered a copy of Radar Contact as it seems to up the quality of ATC somewhat and in the meantime I will try your suggestion Johan.CheersDavid P.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.