Sign in to follow this  
Guest dp

T7 - Startup without external power

Guest dp

Is it possible to start up the T7 without any external power source. ie battery starts APU and APU gives pressure to start engines ?ThanksDavid P.

Guest DaveI

Yes you can. Start up APU on batteries, make sure APU Gen and APU Bleed are on and electrics all connected.Then start engines normally.

Guest dp

Thanks DaveI was being too impatient. Would be nice to hear some noise to indicate the apu is powering up, but perhaps this isn't realisticDavid P.

Hello David,To start using ONLY the APU, here's what I do in order (but verify in the manual to be sure):(1) Battery ON(2) AFT FUEL PUMP FOR ENGINE 2 ON-this is the pump which drives the APU as far as I know, though you can at this point turn on ALL FUEL PUMPS, BOOST PUMPS and if required, the CENTRE PUMPS, Cross feeds etc...** PSS (Norman perhaps?): I have a question about this AFT 2 FUEL PUMP - is it required to be ON for the APU starts even if I forget to turn it on? Does the APU automaticaly over-ride fuel pump switches and derive its fuel from the appropriate pump as soon as it is turned on? Also, in the 744, the APU can get its fuel from ANY fuel tank as long as the X-FEED switches are on - is this modeled in the 772LR?(3) APU to ON then right away to START position(4) Wait until the AVAIL lights go on the two APU generator button below and turn APU GENs ON.(5) STANDBY POWER ON(6) BUS TIES (four of them) ALL ON(7) APU BLEED ON(8) then continue with PACKS ON etc... as per usual procedure.Hope this helps,John

Guest IFC2

Hmmmm, here's that question about the lack of noise for the APU again, I must admit, I too would like to hear some noise from it.(in spot view of course, I realise that you would not hear it from the flight deck)

Guest NormanB

>Hmmmm, here's that question about the lack of noise for the>APU again, I must admit, I too would like to hear some noise>from it.>(in spot view of course, I realise that you would not hear it>from the flight deck)I was on a 777 (it was a 200 ER) flight deck earlier with the APU running. I could hear nothing.

Guest Sjaako

Hi,That's right you can't hear the APU on the Flightdeck.....Apu has it's own DC fuel pump. Or it uses an AC pump if AC is available. So you don't have to touch any of the fuel pumps before APU start.Cheerio Sjaako

Guest jinzo012

I go spotting almost every weekend at George Bush Intercontinental where we get AF773, BA772, CO772, and sometimes PK772. I can say that the APU's are very noisy on the OUTSIDE of the aeroplane. I can't say much four the Flight Deck, but in spot view APU noise could add realism.- KevQuick plug, http://kbspotting.zu5.net

Guest IFC2

Thank you Kev, this is what I was talking about, didn't I make it clear enough before, I did say Out-Side.

Considering that the APU is on the otherside of the airplane, in relation to the cockpit of course, it is logic that you dont hear them, and the doors in the PSS 777 are closed(lol) so makes it even more quiete.I like it this way. off topic:Only the howl of the engines is a bit tame for me. Installed freeware 777 sounds from the library here, and I am very pleased with them. By author Devyn Silverstein.Be sure to set the volume in your FS to about 35% for the engines. Great sounds.JohanA LITTLE LESS CONVERSATION, AND A LITTLE MORE ACTION PLEASE!HELP:http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=238882

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.