Sign in to follow this  
EngineRoom

Now it's out...

I've watched the 777 update drama for a few months now, and up until now I've kept quiet...I'm a long time PSS customer, going way back to the original 777 for FS2000. Since then I've purchased all of the PSS heavies and they've given me many hours of enjoyment. Despite what many here think PSS customer support is very good.A couple of years ago when FS9 was new all of us were clamouring for the Airbus and Dash to be updated to FS9 compatibility. I was leaving to go to sea for 5 months and a certain Mr Kirkland was kind enough to email me the new installers for the FS9 compatible Airbus and Dash a couple of days before they were due for public release. Now that is service.I've just downloaded the updated 777 and I've got 2 weeks off work now so I'm hoping to get some serious flying done.To the PSS Team:For the last 5 months now we've had a (very) rough diamond with the 777. I'm sure the issues with this aircraft have caused lots of frustration at your end ;) I'm now sure the patched 777 will be the best PSS aircraft yet. PLEASE don't drop the ball again with the next release!Now how about remaking the Airbus family to the same standard as the 777?Cheers,Nick

"Now how about remaking the Airbus family to the same standard as the 777?"I agree, it would be fantastic.Best.Miquel Egea.

Guest Water Mango

"Now how about remaking the Airbus family to the same standard as the 777?":-lol We'll have a better chance of #### freezing over first...

Guest mulletman

>"Now how about remaking the Airbus family to the same>standard as the 777?">>:-lol >>We'll have a better chance of #### freezing over first...Oh i dunno, it hasnt been dismissed...I would love to see a really good BAe146. But i would honestly say that a new A320 series is higher on my priority list. As for the patch, you can see why they wanted to wait until they were ready......wow, so many threads, so little time!

Guest NormanB

>Oh i dunno, it hasnt been dismissed...Exactly. After the 757, simply put, there are no firm plans.>I would love to see a really good BAe146. But i would honestly>say that a new A320 series is higher on my priority list. Both Rob (vrander) who covers the Airbus forum and I are big fans so you can be sure there are at least a couple of voices chanting for Toulouse. The Whisper Jet would be another favourite of mine but then again as I said, nothing beyond the 757 is planned.

I have downloaded and installed the patch without problems - thank you for your work on this product. I have yet to do a thorough session with the new 777, but I did load it up to check everything appeared to be working. Looks good!I hope you do not abandon this project totally - it is currently very good, but could perhaps be excellent. Yesterday I downloaded the Service Pack 3 for the Flight1 ATR - nearly 16 months after SP2.1!That is what I call committment. I wish PSS could give their products some more longevity by perhaps considering a wish-list of improvements, thay may or may not be incorporated into a future "upgrade". This could even be a payware upgrade for those who want it.(Please consider a FIX page for the FMC :-))

Graeme Butler

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.