Sign in to follow this  

Oleksiy Frolov's Dash 8!!

>the features - I have never seen a panel like it in a >flightsim. >Ken, if you love complex panels try the Fly! series, they will blow you away.Tony in Miami

Guest wizard01

Hello Tony,Hehe! let me get my head around this panel first! I'm struggling at the moment :) - today I tried 5 take-offs and crashed at the end of the rwy each time!! There is a house there and I hit it each time :) - maybe I'll turn off Autogen that should fix it.What is "Fly"? - I've seen a lot about it in these Forums and the File Library, but never followed it up. Is Fly a 'stand alone' program, or can be used inside FS2002? I'd like to know a bit more about it.KenSomerset UK

Guest Vulcho

Fly! is like FS2002. It's a Flight Simulation game completely diffrent form FS in terms that no files for Fly! or M$FS are compatible with each other.Alex.AlexNatchev@Yahoo.comERROR:Banner is 6.6KB, 15 pixels (width) above limit. Cannot Display!

Hey Ken, Sounds like you probably have the throttle lock still on. It keeps the throttles from advancing all the way forward during ground ops. It's just to the upper left of the throttle. Click on it to allow full throttle range. Otherwise you'll never get her off the ground. Nice complex aircraft. I have blown up the panels so you can print them out and read them and compiled a checklist based on the tutorial flight. I'll post a link for those when I get home. It has made it SO much easier to learn where the switches are. :)LOVE THIS PLANE! I gave up last time I tried because it was so tough to fly. Now I can nail it almost everytime. Practice... and follow the checklists!!Eddie KSLC

Guest wizard01

Hi Alex,Thanks for the info on Fly - I thought it was a separate program. I'll take a serious look at it; once I've 'nailled' fanda's Splendid Dash 8.Hello Eddie,When I just rechecked how I dealt with the throttles, it was exactly as you said!! - I left the Lock On! On the way to the rwy 25 from the Terminal, I had been experiencing a lot of problems with Rudder 'flutter'; which I guess is due to 'noise' from my Wingman Joystick ((:- (I'm making poor excuses here!) So when I started rollin' I did not pay enough attention to what was going on - then paid the penalty. Not 5 times!! just the first time - the other 4 times I just did the same thing.That's a great idea about the panel and Checklist, I'll look forward to the Link.One last thing, can you tell me how to check my Joystick for 'noise', please.KenSomerset UK

>What is "Fly"? - I've seen a lot about it in these Forums >and the File Library, but never followed it up. Is Fly a >'stand alone' program, or can be used inside FS2002? I'd >like to know a bit more about it. >>Ken >>Somerset UK Ken, as was mentioned previously, Fly! is a separate flight simulation program. There are two main versions, Fly!2K and Fly! II.Fly II is the newer version, but Fly2K is regarded by many as a better simulation. The scenery is not up to MSFS standards, but at times, the terrrain is more accurately rendered because of a freeware program called TerrasScene.The main advantages of the Fly! series are panels and their functinality and the great flight models, specially those of Fly2K with the V88 aircraft by Rob Young.If you go to the review section, here on avsim, you should find at least a couple of reviews of both versions of the Fly! series.Also, go to the Fly! forum here on avsim for more info!!I personally use MSFS, Fly2K, FlyII and FU3. Each one has their own unique advantage!Tony in Miami

OK, here is the panel guide I made for myself. Was a HUGE help for me, so I thought I'd share. I made the panel bitmaps black and white so they'd print well. Then made a checklist based on the included tutorial flight. The checklist tells which panel and switch number to locate on the printouts. I've only used them about 5 times, then it becomes second nature. http://home.attbi.com/~ehaskell/dash8.htmOleksiy! THANK YOU for a wonderful plane!!EddieKSLC

Hi Oleksiy,I'm also having trouble finding the 'Dhc8f300.ini' fileI have confirmed I have version 1.003(fltsim.0)title=Dash8-Q300 V1.003.sim=DHC8Q3I've done a drive-wide search for the file and also re-extracted the archive to a temp folder to examine carefully how the files are extracted.There is an 'aircraft' folder in the extracted archive but I assume this simply ensures that the 'Dash8-Q300_2' folder + sub-folders are placed correctly in the main FS2002aircraft folderCan you offer any further help, please?Mike :-wave

Eddie, thanks, the guide you made is going to be real helpful.Maybe Oleksiy could iclude it in the next version?!Tony in Miami

may be faulty in some way. The various sounds appear to be present in the sim but seem very quiet both inside and outside the a/c. Don't mind the former as that may be perfectly realistic, but surely those turboprops should be pumping out more decibels when heard in spot view? ;)Mike

Guest Lobaeux4

I agree, I've got ver 3, and I dl'd ver 2 just to be sure. No .ini folders listed in mine either. Any way you could post just the .ini folders, Fanda?Lobaeux

Guest Thomas K

Oleksiy,Great job on the Dash 8 panel. Have you ever considered updating the panel layout, reworking bitmaps and making the gauges bigger?? IMO, this is the only weakness thats keeping me from using this panel.TK

Please consider making the HSI gauge larger. I cannot read the numbers except with a magnifying glass. Even so, this is a great panel, plane, and sound. I am looking forward to your new version.