Sign in to follow this  

Oleksiy Frolov's Dash 8!!

Guest Lobaeux4

12.02.03 The release candidate 3 of the Dash8Q300 version 1.004 had been sent to the beta testers for the final check. YAY!!!!!!!!Lobaeux

>Oleksiy, >>Great job on the Dash 8 panel. Have you ever considered >updating the panel layout, reworking bitmaps and making the >gauges bigger?? IMO, this is the only weakness thats keeping >me from using this panel. >>TK Sheesh!! This is a bit like asking Leonardo Da Vinci to repaint the Mona Lisa or asking Michaelangelo to repaint the Sistine Chapel ceiling.Barry

>12.02.03 The release candidate 3 of the Dash8Q300 >version 1.004 had been sent to the beta testers for the >final check. >>>>YAY!!!!!!!! >Lobaeux Hint! It might have a passenger and freight loader included!Barry

>I agree Henri, it looks fine provided you turn up the >resolution of your screen. I find that 1152x864 works best -- allows the radios digits to be legible on my 17 inch monitor and doesn't hurt the framerates as much as higher resolutions.Barry

Actually tonight I had been on the FANDA forum and commented that a magnify gauge for the main gauges would be nice. then I started to play around with my FS Panel Studio and was able to actually make one. I will have to fine tune it a bit but it worked out pretty good when I tested it. There was a couple of bugs but hey, it actually looked good. I will keep you posted and see what comes of it.http://www3.telus.net/midget_ice/Radar_small.gifThis ain't no game kid!http://www3.telus.net/midget_ice/Radar_small.gifhttp://www3.telus.net/midget_ice/dansig.jpg

Guest Lobaeux4

That'd be great to see. It's about time this aircraft gets the attention and recognition it deserves.Eagerly awaiting ver 4Lobaeux

Is it possible to make changes to the HSI guage size directly in the panel cfg file to make it slightly larger?

HELP!! :-( I can't run this aircraft!I am using the basic FS2002 program. The Dash8 shows up in the aircraft list in its 2 liveries, but when I try to run it, I get the error message: "Can't find the model dash8-q300 v1 in the library".I used FSAOM to install from the .zip file.In the aircraftDash8-Q300 V1.003model folder, I have the files model3.mdl and model.cfgAny idea what I have done wrong?

I'm just guessing here, but I'm thinking you may need the Professional version in order to run the Dash 8? Again, this is just a guess. Perhaps someone could verify this...Regards,Gord NoseworthyNewfoundland, Canada (CYYT)

Hi Dan,I would be interested in the magnifier if you manage to sort out the bugs.The one thing that stops me enjoying the aircraft is the poor legibility of the main instruments.I think the optional magnifier is a far better idea than expecting Fanda to rework the main panel.Switches and panels are OK, I can resize the panels and memorise or crib the switch positions from Eric's neat panel charts, thanks Eric. :-beerchug I have a 19 inch monitor and still have problems reading the PFDs, so either these old eyes have seen better days :-) or my monitor is not as good as those who have no problem reading the PFDs.Rgds

Hi all ! Well the folder name is certainly wrong :) Oleksiy.