Sign in to follow this  
Guest Segwin

Comm 1 radio freeze

Guest Segwin

Hello All:On VATSIM at the moment, trying to change freq. on comm 1, no can do.Can't tune standby and can't switch standby to active.I can change it from FSNav though.??TIATerry

Guest NormanB

Hi Segwin,Please dont forget to sign your posts please.Most of the testers fly online either using IVAO or, as I do, VATSIM.I just tried and was able to toggle frequencies at will. This sounds like the FS Flat Battery bug. Please start a flight using the default Cessna and let me know how things go.Thanks,

Guest Segwin

Hi Norman:I did use the default Cessna flight, batt and avionics on, engine off. When I got into the pit turned BATT on then started APU. It did work for a while but quit about 30 minutes into flight.Sorry about signing, always forget!Terry

Guest NormanB

Terry,it certainly sounds like classic fs flat battery. Even though you have the apu running the basic FS knows nothing about it.Engine off? The default flight has the engine running. Please use the defauly flight and then change to the 777. You can then set things how you like and save that 777 flight for use any time you want to fly it.

Guest Segwin

Ok Norman, I'll have the default flight with the engine running.Regarding saving the 777 flight, once I start a flight, load a flight plan and have the cp cold and dark, while the default flight is set to everything on, your saying I can save this flight, return the default flight back to batt off, engine off and avionics off then just use the saved config of the 777 that I saved?TIA

Guest NormanB

Terry,I havent tried changing the battery to off in the default flight so I guess you will need to try that yourself ;)Basically the way FS2004 works is it load things based from parameters in the default flight so its probably doubtful. The way I was suggesting was to still retain the default flight in its virgin state but to have a number of flights saved for seperate aircraft / scenarios.

Guest Segwin

Ah, ok Norman, thanks.BTW, when I load a FS flight plan I still lose the DUCT PRESS status on the far right panel that shows N1 status. Was this to be fixed?Thanks again.

Guest NormanB

Its not something Im aware of Terry. I will try and get FS fired up when I get home later and see.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.