Sign in to follow this  
kevinh

777 Update 1.1

Is there a list of the items fixed by the new update? I was wondering whether any of the "nice to have" requests had been incorporated in the fixes? The announcement refers to all bugs reported being fixed, but I've not seen a definitive list of the bugs either.Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

Guest NormanB

Kevin,The sticky post was unstickied. It contained the bugs that were addressed.

Norman,Need to use better sticky stuff next time :)Any chance of reposting it as an ex-bug list? It would help people understand what is and isn't included, fixed or changed, and maybe save you fielding endless questions about the subject (including this one!).Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

Guest NormanB

>Need to use better sticky stuff next time :):D>Any chance of reposting it as an ex-bug list? Will try to get one together later when I get home.

Norman, try the stuff that sticks the bugs to your windscreen :)Seriously, I can't see how PSS can verify that all the bugs are fixed without the list. Almost everyone publishes a list of what has been updated with a patch, don't they?Generally 1.1 is a big step forward. I noticed the following things still not working:Still get the annoying aural warnings during pre-flight and engine start up (especially the latter). This really must be fixed.AP Disconnect EICAS message still can't be cancelled.END OF ROUTE annunciated after landing (surely this should not be there). Also after shutdown the route page still shows the previous data. Shouldn't ORIGIN and DEST become placeholders, inviting next route entry.The WXR still starts up in test mode all the time, regardless of where the mode switch is (and that shouldn't be at TEST for cold and dark either). You have to cycle the mode through TEST to clear the test pattern, not realistic.Finally a new one: I get an amber master caution with all power off, which cannot be cancelled.Hope SP 1.2 is planned to deal with these systems issues (I realise no new functionality is intended, but the existing stuff should work right, including Autostart of course).Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

Guest NormanB

>Seriously, I can't see how PSS can verify that all the bugs>are fixed without the list. The list didnt go, it was merely unpinned and will be a few pages back.To save you searching: Fixes from V1.0 to 1.1 o Autopilot coefficients tuned o Loading a previously saved flight containing an FMC route entered using airways results in blank LEGS page - fixed o Setup window - ADIRU alignment time keeps resetting to FAST - fixed o TCAS showing ghost returns - fixed o Flight Simulator Avionics Master switch is now forced ON if was OFF. o COM2 standby decimal numbers won't change - fixed o Typo on aileron trim switches fixed o Last digit on COM frequency window is clipped - fixed o Autopilot HDG SEL / TRK SEL mode holds magnetic heading or track regardless of HDG REF MAG/TRUE switch - fixed o SPEEDBRAKE ARMED and SPEEDBRAKE EXTENDED EICAS messages added o APPROACH REF page now shows the destination airport/runway. o Climb thrust limit calculation now gives higher figures. o Incorrect waypoint ETAs generated for cruise altitudes above FL390 - fixed. o GPWS TERRAIN warnings not being silenced by TERR OVRD button - fixed o Autothrottle not always disconnecting when reverse thrust is applied - fixed o GR WT not automatically updating on PERF page - fixed o SPEEDBRAKES EXTENDED message will not be shown on ground o Thrust limit will not switch to GA at the beginning of the descent but will remain CRZ until flaps are extended during approach o Pushing TO/GA switch in-flight now engages TOGA/TOGA pitch and roll modes. If TO, TO1 or TO2 thrust limit is active, any thrust derates are removed. If CRZ thrust limit is active, it is changed to GA thrust. o Airfield elevation amber hatch on PFD altitude tape - calculations corrected o Autothrottle disconnect upon reverser activation - modified o Black rectangle behind ADIRU at night - fixed >Still get the annoying aural warnings during pre-flight and>engine start up (especially the latter). This really>must be fixed.Which sound? Do you mean when the aircraft is first loaded?>AP Disconnect EICAS message still can't be cancelled.A real world 777 pilot who worked with us on the patch wrote- EICAS MESSAGESAs far as the autopilot disconnect EICAS message in red. This is normal if you dont have access to the control yoke. The way to get rid of it in the aircraft is to hit the autopilot disconnect switch twice on the control column... it gets rid of the aural warning and clears the message. It is not possible to clear this message with the Master Caution Warning switch... maybe a coded button which can be assigned to a control button for a double tap would be a good solution for this one.I will need to enquire what the end result was on that one.>END OF ROUTE annunciated after landing (surely this should not>be there). Also after shutdown the route page still shows the>previous data. Shouldn't ORIGIN and DEST become placeholders,>inviting next route entry.Deferring to the real world 777 guys who didnt pass comment on it. I will ask others though for clarification.>The WXR still starts up in test mode all the time, regardless>of where the mode switch is (and that shouldn't be at TEST for>cold and dark either). You have to cycle the mode through>TEST to clear the test pattern, not realistic.Test mode is a requirement and is realistic. Once it has done the test it will be in whatever mode the switch is set at.>Finally a new one: I get an amber master caution with all>power off, which cannot be cancelled.Not seen but will look.>Hope SP 1.2 is planned to deal with these systems issues (I>realise no new functionality is intended, but the existing>stuff should work right, including Autostart of>course).Whats wrong with autostart? As Graham intimated, the idea behind what we have released is to address some major issues some people were seeing. I also said yesterday that issues that manifest themselves - it doesnt matter how much or how broad testing is, some things will still get past - will hopefully be addressed shortly, for example the light mask on the night time panel which was fixed needs revisited. I have previously said that there is also potential for additional features to be retro fitted if they are developed for the 757.

>A real world 777 pilot who worked with us on the patch wrote>- EICAS MESSAGES>As far as the autopilot disconnect EICAS message in red. This>is normal if you dont have access to the control yoke. The way>to get rid of it in the aircraft is to hit the autopilot>disconnect switch twice on the control column... it gets rid>of the aural warning and clears the message. It is not>possible to clear this message with the Master Caution Warning>switch... maybe a coded button which can be assigned to a>control button for a double tap would be a good solution for>this one.>This would be a good one if possibe Norman, not so much the eicas messages as cancelling the master warning itself - very tricky to do with the mouse after disconnecting a/p on final or after autoland. Even a key combo (to press mcp master warning button) that I could map to my stick would be useful.Cheersregards,MarkXPHomeSP2/FS9.1/3.2HT/1024mb/X700pro256

Regards,

Mark

Hello,>END OF ROUTE annunciated after landing (surely this should not>be there). It should be annunciated on the CDU on landing (If the runway is the last waypoint. Please see below.14. FMS MessagesMessages are generated by the FMS when a condition exists thatdegrades the operation of the system or when a FMS datalinkmessageis received. The messages are categorized as follows:o Alerting messageso Communications messageso Advisory messageso Entry-error advisory messages.END OF ROUTE The aircraft is passing the last route leg.This message will remain displayed until you CLR it.Michael B

Guest Phoenix 1

We decided to fix all Functionality bugs in the T7, No Updates or additions were felt necassary, Someone also mentioned for example the small hole in the VC Floor. This does not affect the functionality of the product as designed so it was not addressed.Sorry

Norman:Do you happen to recall if the "disappearing" status information that initially appears on the bottom of the upper EICAS but then disappears when the FMC route is loaded was supposed to be fixed?When I did a quick test flight last night after downloading and upgrading to 1.1, the EICAS status information continued to disappear after doing stuff in the FMC. Not sure what particular FMC data entry event triggered the disappearing EICAS status information.And by they way, thank you for the update. This is a nice bird. Looking forward to the 757 ... the other guy's product released recently I don't think is the right ticket.Jerry Lauderbaugh

What about product improvement? Not just fixing faults, but making the product better, within reason. Your competitors usually do this. A strict "no more changes" attitude only puts customers off. Obviously there has to be a cut-off point, but are you sure you have judged it right?I'm sorry for apparently getting the END OF ROUTE annunciation wrong, I made the basic mistake of comparing your FMC with another company's Boeing flight sim. They recently got rid of this message for normal landings, refering to it as a bug. :)Autostart: My understanding is that until you select both the overhead switch to START and the fuel switch to RUN the engine will not crank. Operating the start switch initially activates the secondary engine indications. If these come up OK you can select the fuel switch on. I'm not a 777 driver so I'm happy to be corrected on this if the information is good.Whatever happens sincere thanks for the work you have all done up to now.Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.