Sign in to follow this  
Guest joey8507262

Is it a bug or navdata problem?

Guest joey8507262

Hi Pilots!I did a short flight(GQNN), just a take off and an auto land.I had set the fmc, rwy, payload, ect...Everything worked fine :)On the approach a switched to the plan mode, and i saw this.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/146527.jpgAs you can see im established the localiser, waiting for glide slope, but the plan mode shows that im right from the center line.The map mode was correct.Is it a bug or the navdata is wrong?(airac 0513, every posible airports from navdata.at)Everything else i had tried works good.:)RegardsGyula(sorry for the english)

Guest NormanB

Gyula,Ive seen a couple of places where the navdata is correct but the scenery is off. This can be checked by having the lat/lon displayed.Im not sure about this particular case but would imagine it is no different.

Guest Pilot53

Maybee its because you are far from the airport, the ILS signal becomes more accurate as you move closer.

Guest joey8507262

Hi!I dont think that the scenery is wrong.If you see closer, the CF05 is straight ahead, im flying direct to CF05.I made some flight here earlier with the PSS Airbuses(they are useing CF... as well and the same navdata) and there was no problem with the map mode.But its not a big problem, i can fly the plane. :)Its a default airport, no new AFCAD, so its min 3 years old, and maybe there was a rwy course change sometime.There is a lot of default airport in the fs wich have wrong course for the ils.Thanks for the reply!Gyula

Guest fcrash

Same problem hereFernando

Guest Knikolaes

Well, I am running the CD version of the product, so I have to wait for the patch, but i can confirm that this happens in my current version as well, but only in PLAN mode. I started noticing this when at departure airport, and running the legs for confirmation thru the FMC/CDU. Fortunately, the NAV systems appear to be accurate on the actual navigation of the aircraft, and in MAP view everything is as it should be. However in PLAN view, it looks like runways are using a different form of North (like TRUE north as opposed to MAGNETIC North, for an example). Is this what you are encountering? From the screenshot, it looks like it is.It was like a panic moment at first, but once I did my first flight successfully, I never thought of it again. The reason being is ALL of my advanced sims do this. My 737NG's, 747, 767 and this T7 all seem to have this effect, so i am gathering that this is some sort of FS limitation on how the CDU communicates with FS or possible the navdata . . .I get all of my data from Navdata.at and my DAFIF from the DAFIF site (there is only one for FS users, so I presume you know which one I am talking about), thus I imagine since some folks encounter this and some do not, it may be the version of data you are using. I am currently using the latest available Navdata and have this effect.

Guest NormanB

Why would you be trying to fly in PLAN mode though?

Guest joey8507262

Hi Norman!I dont fly in PLAN mode.Im using the MAP mode during the flight and its works normal.I just switched through the modes(APR, VOR, MAP and PLAN) and noticed this.I didnt have time to fly a normal flight, so i dont say that the plan is shows wrong at any other airports.It was just one flight at GQNN.If i have some time i will do some more flights.Gyula

Here's what happened going to KSEA. I selected 16R from the cdu. I then clicked on the cf16R and put it at the top. Instead of the line from my plane to that fix, it just shoot out to the sw somewhere. The thing is that when I crossed that line going north to land 16R I got the end of route message. I then selected it again and it was back, but again the line from cf16r went off to the west somewhere. I had this happen at ksfo also, last night. I didn't get the ils until I went into the nav page and selected it and put it into nav 1 & 2. Doesn't this happen automaticly? But other than that it flew pretty well. Doing a flch it tended to overshoot the select alt. It was doing 6000 fpm desent and didn't start coming out of it till about 300 ft from the alt selected.

John K

I see the route to CF being drawn incorrectly all the time. If you manually place CF at the top of your legs page it will never (I haven't seen it yet) draw a line from your a/c to the waypoint. It will draw a random line from who knows where into CF. This is not just at KSEA, I see it everywhere...-PaulLiquid CooledAMD 4000 San Diego2 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2Dual 7800 GTX 24 inch widescreen dual 19 inch LCDRaid-0psolksig.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.