Sign in to follow this  
psolk

vcgen_t.bmp question

Hi there,Quick question, what is vcgen_t.bmp? ImageTool is telling me that it is an illegal bitmap file identifier and can not be loaded. Funny thing is I have gone through all of the liveries and the only ones that seem to have it are the house textures and a few individual paints. The majority of texture directories do not even contain this file.I am just curious because one of the A/C that has this file has been giving me issue in the VC and I am wondering if it could be related?Thanks in advance Norman and thanks for the patch. She feels Heavy :)-PaulLiquid CooledAMD 4000 San Diego2 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2Dual 7800 GTX 24 inch widescreen dual 19 inch LCDRaid-0psolksig.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest NormanB

Paul,Glad she feels heavy. She is also mighty slippy on descent.Ive just done a search of my aircraft folder and found no files vcgen*.*

Thanks Norman, I wonder where the heck it came from then. I have VCgen_t.bmp in all 3 house colors directories and UAL and CO on the 2LR. I had been haveing issues with CO sort of "losing clarity" in the VC and I am betting it is this file. If you don't have it I am going to move it out :).Thanks again for all the responses in the forum and all the work on the patch.-PaulLiquid CooledAMD 4000 San Diego2 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2Dual 7800 GTX 24 inch widescreen dual 19 inch LCDRaid-0psolksig.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

The full file name is actually PSS-B772VCGen_t.bmp so you would have had to do *vcgen*Thanks for researching Norman,-PaulLiquid CooledAMD 4000 San Diego2 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2Dual 7800 GTX 24 inch widescreen dual 19 inch LCDRaid-0psolksig.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Guest NormanB

I have a few copies of that.3x house1x vg1x sia1x upsMine cause no issues.

hmm, why only for certain liveries then? Mine are also different file sizes... COA is 1.56, UA is 7.81 and all of the house are 3.12? Just curious if I possibly have a corrupt file or something?Thanks again Norman, really appreciate the time and help,-PaulLiquid CooledAMD 4000 San Diego2 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2Dual 7800 GTX 24 inch widescreen dual 19 inch LCDRaid-0psolksig.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Guest bjjones

Never noticed that file before, they're not in any of my original livery folders, i.e. the ones that I uploaded before release, I've just re-installed the house liveries via the base installers and low and behold, there they are... hmmm.....

Ok, this is really really interesting and not related to the patch btw. I moved the file out of my CO texture directory. That one was only 1.56 in file size. I have a device called Pertelian that is an external LCD monitoring my memory usage. When that file is in and I switch between views my Available memory will drop by ~ 2-300 megs and will not come back up. I have two gigs physical (sometimes 4 if I am testing) typical idle load with FS, PSS, ImagineSim KEWR or FlyTampa KSEA and MT 2006 @ 50% leave me with between 1 gig to 1.2 gigs available. When that file is in the texture directory every time I scroll through my views and look for that file again my Ram continues to drop. Last night it was so bad that I started out with 1100 megs free and by the time I was ready for departure after my walk around and scrolling through views a few times I was down to 750 megs free. The biggest issue is that memory seemed to dissapear and was not reclaimed until FS was shut down. I just loaded the same situation minus that file and everytime I scrolled through my views my available would drop to ~ 900 megs free but it would immediate bounce back to 1150 megs free at KEWR and 1030 megs free at KSEA. Big difference is the memory was immediately reclaimed and bounced back up everytime I returned to the VC. Most likely this is just a corrupt file on my part but removing it seems to have no adverse affects and seems to have resolved my missing memory :)Thanks Norman,-Paul Sorry Ben, you responded while I was typing. Thanks for looking into this for me. Maybe it is not so isolated after all ;)Liquid CooledAMD 4000 San Diego2 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2Dual 7800 GTX 24 inch widescreen dual 19 inch LCDRaid-0psolksig.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.