Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pilot53

Crash

>After installing the update I have a crash of panels.dll,>this only happens when loading the 777 without loading the>cessna first. SHould I still load the default first even with>the patch?? And the aileron droop with flaps does not appear>to be fixed in the patch. Why?I had this problem before the patch. One thing I found that if I run FS in full screen ALT-ENTER I would not get the panel.dll error. Keviniad_fo_777-3copy.png

-.- . ...- .. -.
Kevin Conlon
Pharmacist, Pilot and Parrot Head

I9-9900K  4.9GHz | RTX 2080 TI FE | 27" Asus Monitors x 3| MSI Z370 | Crucial M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x 2 | Toshiba HDD 2TB | WDC HDD 2TB | 32 GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10

Guest Pilot53

Any news about the flaperons?

Guest NormanB

>Any news about the flaperons?Mike,I'm still not completely following you here. I can't watch the video since I don't allow any browser plugins on this machine. The thing you are asking about - is it on the leading or trailing edge since flaperons (two of them) are located between the inboard and outboard flaps on both wings, whilst you seem to be indicating to something on the wing tip.If you could clarify that would be great.

Guest Pilot53

I actually resarched this more closely and I am not so sure anymore that the flaperons actually droop with flaps, so I apologise for wasting your time if I was wrong. I do have a picture of something else That I noticed, the outboard aileron seems to be slanted.

Guest Phoenix5

Mike,"...When parked on the ground, the Boeing 777 flaps are usually retracted and the ailerons on the outboard of the wings are not down unless the flaps are in the 5, 15 or 20 position..."The Boeing 777 has two flaperons located between the inboard and outboard flaps on both wings. Under normal circumstances, they are used for roll control but for increased lift, they move down and backward in proportion to flap extension.As to the second question, you will see that the shapes and sizes of wing components are inline with what is shown on this tech drawing of the B777-200LR wing.Hope this helps,http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/146599.jpg

Guest Pilot53

>The Boeing 777 has two flaperons located between the inboard and >outboard flaps on both wings. Under normal circumstances, they are used >for roll control but for increased lift, they move down and backward in >proportion to flap extension.They dont seem to move with flap retraction at all on my plane.And I'm not sure how the picture answers my second question, possibly you misread? Your wing is very good in reference to the shape. I meant the fact that when down the outermost aileron seems like its hanging unevenly as seen on my picture.

Guest adameke777

>I meant the fact that when down the outermost>aileron seems like its hanging unevenly as seen on my>picture.Perhaps the pilot was commanding some rollA.G.

Guest Pilot53

Even if I were commanding roll they should still be attached to the rest of the wing.

Guest adameke777

OK, since that picture does not display I thought you meant the KLM picture. ag

Guest NormanB

>so I apologise for wasting your time No probs Mike.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.