Sign in to follow this  
Guest Segwin

ILS approach buggy

Guest Segwin

Hello All:Flew from ORD to SFO and it was pretty uneventful until the landing. While I was flying a heading the plane started a right hand bank for no apparent reason. Got it all back on line then came in on the ILS for 19L at SFO. Locked in fine, CDU was tuned in correctly and NOT parked. Was approximately 1000' feet from touch down when she went into a hard right hand turn. Tried to take it off AP and give her full power but too late. Kind of a let down after such a nice flight.Any thoughts guys?

Try doing several autolands at different airports, could be a scenery issue since I don't experience that, also check your FSUIPC settings, because below 1000 feet AGL , if I am not wrong autoland begins to act and you see the "LAND3" on the PFD... but I could be very wrong on that...

Guest NormanB

Can't say much more than Javier has offered. I flew a number of approaches over the past few days with LAND3 displayed.

Guest Segwin

>Try doing several autolands at different airports, could be a>scenery issue since I don't experience that, also check your>FSUIPC settings, because below 1000 feet AGL , if I am not>wrong autoland begins to act and you see the "LAND3" on the>PFD... but I could be very wrong on that...What FSUIPC settings are you refering to Javier?Thanks.

I can't give you any specific info without knowing what changes (if any) you have made to the default settings, but if configured wrong, it could lead to erratic aircraft behavour. For example, under "Technical" tab, mark the option "discon elev trim axis from AP" and watch most aircraft dive to the ground upon switching the AP on.

Experienced this pre-patch. Same runway using FlyTampa KSFO addon. I've never had a problem with that scenery. AFCAD headings and freqs look OK and the T7 was setup properly.Jim Harnes

I had exactly the same experience landing on 24 at EGPHWill check it out at some other locations

Guest Segwin

Hello Javier:Nothing has changed in my FSUIPC, ver 3.53. Works fine with all other a/c PMDG, Level D & Feelthere.

Guest Segwin

I wanted to edit my last reply but too late.The only addon I'm running is Ultimate Terrain.

Worked fine on Rwy 23 at RCTP last night after perfect flight from VHHH - will try EGPH againThanks for a great update PSS

Hi,I have just flown a few test flights to see if the ILS problem exists for me, and I am pleased to say that EVERY time the ILS was picked up absolutely spot on. I tested it with LAND 3 engaged and she landed on the numbers EVERY time, no wobbling on the approach and no veering off the runway after landing.Well done PSS for this patch, my faith in you has been restored..CheersDrayton

Hi Drayton,Thanks for confirming that. I know it might seem obvious, but I feel convinced that users seeing odd lateral behaviour after landing must have the default a/p still engaged.There is a distinct difference between disengaging the PSS 777 autopilot, which is the large white button on the 777 panel and the possibility that the default (KEY Z) a/p is still engaged. I would strongly advise checking key assignments for a/p because it is possible some pilots "think" they are manual but in fact still have the a/p operating.Kind Regards,Rob Young

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

OK, but a question. How would the default FS autopilot "still" be engaged? If engaging the T7 autopilot also activates the default autopilot, does disconnecting the T7 autopilot not disconnect the default?Jim Harnes

Guest NormanB

The T7 doesnt use the MSFS autopilot. Not many complex addons do.

Guest Segwin

What's weird though is you can disconnect the 777 AP, click the white bar, then hit Z and the MSFS AP will take over. Is there a way to override the Z key so no one makes that mistake? Something in the coding perhaps to inhibit it?

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.