Sign in to follow this  
Guest jinzo012

Still Bobbing, and Slipping

Guest jinzo012

Did a quick update to 1.1 and flew AFR36 (LFPG-KIAH) operated by the 773, and I'm really kind of confused. This was supposed to help the plane right? Re written FDE? um, I'm still getting a "Bobbing" effect (Lateral) during Final, and the plane slips right off the runway during rollout........?!- Kev15knt xwind

Guest Phoenix5

Kev,I can assure you that the rollout issue was fixed, Rob has all the aircraft glued to the centre line. That said why do you see it? Did the update insatll correctly, have you used the load editor to load the aircraft. I will try another flight today in the 300ER to see if I can reproduce it... what was your destination?regards,

Guest jinzo012

Thanks four the reply, Ithought I posted the destination, but it was Houston KIAH, I'm currently flying an ACA flight from YYZ to IAH to see if I get it again.- Kev as four the you'll have to excuse me as I'm very outspoken.MOD: Kev, remember that not all our visitors are adult or appreciate language, even in acronyms. Thanks, Norman.

Guest sooty

Just tried 4 landing is sucession at GCTS (RWY 8). The approach is very stable, but in 2 out of the 4 landings the A/C left the runway when the speed dropped below 80-90 kts (LAND3 && ROLLOUT annunciated, spoilers deployed, autobreaks fine, no REV thrust used). On the last one, I disconnected the A/P after touchdown, (this initial ROLLOUT was dead on the centreline) but could not keep the A/C on the runway with full left rudder and some aileron. Have checked the calibration of my Saitek X52, seems fine, tried same approach in 737 with same wind conditions, no problems. (I know the 737 does not have ROLLOUT, took manual control after touchdown). Had FS wind displayed during approach and landing, wind did not exceed 11kts, this would have given a x-wind component of approx 5kts. On a positive note, the A/C is much more stable, and I am looking forward to racking up a number of hours on this type.Martin.

Hi Martin,If you are a/p disconnected with only 5 knot crosswind, it just is not possible to be unable to control. We tested it exhaustively with 90 degree crosswinds up to 35 knots. Are you sure you were properly disconnected? (There are two disconnects to check: The white push button autopilot disconnect....but also please check you are not Fs-generic a/p connected - Key Z). As far as I know, all testers reported full manual control on runways.Kind Regards,Rob Young

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

I can attest to the 'Z' issue - this was the keyboard-to-joystick assignment I was using for 'mcp bar disengage' but it triggers fs9 ap 'on' - with nasty results.Needless to say I now use another key combo.regards,MarkXPHomeSP2/FS9.1/3.2HT/1024mb/X700pro256

Regards,

Mark

Guest sooty

I will change the assignment from 'Z' and re-test.Thanks,Martin.

Suggest you do not use keyboard; if you can use the mouse to disconnect and or link the joystick directly to the autopilot master switch...make sure the selector is dialed all the way left (no repeat). This way, the a/p should kick out on the first push of the joystick button; but you will need the mouse to kill the alarm and reset the bar...if you push the joystick button again, you might reengage the a/p and that would be tragic if you are 50ft off the deck.Give it a try and let me know how you fare.Dave LambCaptain A320/B767/B777 in trainingBritish Airways Virtual

Guest sooty

Hi Guys, Just flew from GCFV to GCTS again trying your suggestions, I have reassigned the 'Z' key to an unused one, I use one of the joystick buttons to disengage the A/P (don't need to touch the keyboard, and then one to cancel the master warning. It still makes an excursion off the runway about 2000ft into the rollout. I do have canaries 2006 scenery installed, but cannot see how that would affect it. The whole flight was perfect, ILS LOC & G/S capture was spot on, speed was dead on VREF, was watching the FCTL EICAS page and spoilers deployed on touchdown, autobrakes kicked in, was dead on RW centerline, then started to slip to the left. At that point I hit the A/P disconnect and A/T disconnect (on throttle switch), but she still wanted to go left. Checked the Trim setting after landing, there was no Rudder or Aileron trim set. Will try with 3rd party scenery disabled, but looking at the AFCAD, and the real Airport data for GCTS, I cannot see any discrepancies, the RW heading is correct, the ILS data for RW8 is correct. Will try some different default Airports to see if there is a pattern to it. Apart from this the T7 is a joy to fly.Martin.

Guest sooty

One of the other threads suggested disabling the A/P in the aircraft.cfg. I have now done this so that the MS A/P cannot be engaged inadvertently. Just tried the GCFV->GCTS leg again with all weather turned off. Initially thought that the A/C was going to rollout perfectly, but she decided to head for the taxiway, obviously eager to vacate the runway. Managed to get control back though. I don't understand the reason for the left turn, the FCTL EICAS page does not show any major control inputs. If you read this Norman, is there any way of getting a log out of FSUIPC, and if so would it be useful?Martin.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.