Sign in to follow this  
Guest gdafc

Fs Freezes with T7

Guest gdafc

Hi all,Have started two short flights now both EGLL-EGPH, both have have frozen FS whilst entering holds in the CDU. The first time I tried a hold at POL that froze as I was changing the speed of the hold on the hold page.The second time it held OK at POL and I changed the speed OK, then I tried entering a hold into the CDU at TARTN and whilst changing the hold alt, the same thing happened. The Sim stops but the sound continues. New installation of FS on Monday, fresh installation of T7 only with V1.1, V!.0 was not on my PC.No errors as I have to shut down FS through the task manager.Thanks,Garry

Guest NormanB

Gary,Can you contact support via email so that they can check this with you please. I know I have flown up and down over Pole Hill lots. Cant say I have done over TARTN though.

Guest gdafc

Thanks Norman,Will do.Garry

Guest IFC2

I had the same thing last night, twice in fact.

Guest NormanB

>twice in fact.Always wanting to be one better eh Steve ;)

I just finished a flight from Miami Intl to Los Angeles Intl (KMIA-KLAX) and manipulating legs was not causing any freezes after several changes but after changing the altitude/speed of one leg, the whole simulation froze with just sound. Also, when I returned from my last save, everything was lost - no legs -nothing was retained from the CDU.The flightplan was built with FSBUILD and I had ASV6 (Active Sky 6) running.I don't have the name of the leg/waypoint I was changing when the freeze occurred ... so what shall I do?John

Guest gdafc

Any news on this Norman it's all gone quiet!Seems its not my installation or a bug with POL.Cheers,Garry

Guest Segwin

Posted this elsewhere but might as well add it here.Hello All:I was trying to go from SFO to ORD just now and changing altitudes in the FMC for crossing restrictions. I was flying at FL370 and when I changed one of the altitudes it pushed others up to FL410 for some unknown reason. I started to change them back and then the whole sim just froze. Had to ctrl, alt, del out.Happen to anyone else?FSBuildAS6Ultimate TerrainSB 3

Guest BAW1132

Yhee happend to me alot after the patch, different flights, but allways when im pressing some key

Yep i have had the sim freeze on me too , flew from EGLL to LFBO and entered a hold wam it frooze . Rich

ugcx_banner.png

Guest NormanB

Whilst previously we were able to input multiple holds, it does appear a few people are getting issues.Naturally we cant test every hold and procedure across the globe (although during testing it felt like we were trying our best to!). I've passed this back to the guage developers to look if they can reproduce it and of course fix it.

Guest Segwin

Hi Norman:I uninstalled and reinstalled the 777.I'll let you know if it makes any difference

Some issues here too.While setting up FMC during pre-flight FS locked up with just the 'hand' and sound. Had to reboot. Even more frustrating, the lock up occured again near the end of a flight while setting up the approach on the LEGS page (NOT the way you want a flight to end).The first one was on the PERF page, the second while trying to enter a 2500 foot altitude restriction on the LEGS page.Finally completed the flight using a different aircraft.T7 is in the hanger until this gets resolved.FWIW - both times for me was right at the time you would press the ACK button. In other words, the ACK button was lit when the sim froze. Don't know if there's an actual connection, but it's an observation.

Guest BAW1132

>While setting up FMC during pre-flight FS locked up with just>the 'hand' and sound. Had to reboot. Even more frustrating,>the lock up occured again near the end of a flight while>setting up the approach on the LEGS page (NOT the way you want>a flight to end).>>The first one was on the PERF page, the second while trying to>enter a 2500 foot altitude restriction on the LEGS page.This is exactly what im experience, and it really frustrated after i long flight and you start to near your destination, i really hope thatPSS finds out about this problem, until then the T7 stays in my hangar as well.

hi allnever had any problems with the t-7 from day 1 after patch sim locks up with entering info in fmc in the air it happens at the beginning of a flt or unfortunatly and the very end when i start my descentpss with figure it out just give them timeits still a great birdnickb AA-ret

NICK BERARDI

AA-RET

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.