Sign in to follow this  
rquick

777 Patch - first flight observations

The first flight on the patched T7. KORD to KJFK. Things went pretty well however there were some issues I would like post to see if anyone else has them.1)While cruising at FL330 got a sudden air speed low fault. The airspeed tape said I was only doing 30 knots and the 'red bricks' covered the display. However, the engines were running normal, the plane was at level flight and the GS showed 505 knots. After about 30 seconds the airspeed tape corrected itself. 2)From FL330 I changed altitude to FL350 by changing the altitude set point to 35000 and then entered FL350 on the FMC CRZ page, VNAV handled the change flawlessly. Later, I used the same procedure to go to FL370 and VNAV would not respond. Although my set point was 37000 and the FMC CRZ alt. was FL370 the VNAV light would illuminate but the aircraft never tried to climb. I was able to do the climb manually with no problems and VNAV seemed to work OK after that.3)After getting vectors to JFK 31L I tried to re-enter the FAF on the FMC legs page to line up the magenta line from the aircraft to the fix. However, after activating, the magenta line would go from a previous waypoint to the FAF even though the FAF is displayed as the next fix. The previous legs had already been deleted automatically from the FMC as they were passed.Aside from these issues, the flight went very good. The aircraft was smooth and stable at CRZ and approach. Did a full autoland with no problems. All in all it seems like nice job on the patch.I will try to duplicate the above problems (hopefully I can't!) and get some screenshots.

Issue 1- Icing. Check your FSUIPC settings and make sure you have no severe icing checked.Eric

Eric 

Thanks, I will check that.Is that realistic to have icing at FL330?

Do you use Activesky? If so make sure 'prevent all icing' is checked - prevents this annoyance with any aircraft. Seems fs9 icing is flaky that way.regards,MarkXPHomeSP2/FS9.1/3.2HT/1024mb/X700pro256

Regards,

Mark

I do use Activesky 4.5I will check that option. It's just strange, I use the PMDG 737,747 plus other aircraft and haven't had this happen before. So far it looks like I'm the only one that had this happen on the T7 so it's probably something other than the aircraft.I will check it out and see how it goes.Thanks for the info.

Guest Segwin

I've had that problem as well at FL360 with the PSS777 however, I've also had the same type of problem with the PMDG 737 on climbs.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.