Sign in to follow this  
psolk

Mid-Flight First impressions

First off,Congratulations on the code release and thank you for all the effort.Here are my first impressions as I take her from KEWR-EGCC. 1. FDE- HUGE improvement, wow!!! It really is like a diferent a/c and truly has that heavy feel to her. Taxi, Takeoff and climb felt like I was flying something BIG. Acceleration and takeoff showed no signs of pushing/pulling off runway. Straight down the centerline2. FMC ETA is fixed Step-climb also appears fixed Nav/Rad shows correct runway. Init/Ref switches to correct arrival runway and parks after departureDid a hold shortly after departure with no issues3. LNAV/VNAV seems much more stable, no more rapid changes4. TCAS Ghost issues resolved in offline mode5. Did we get new sounds? She sounds throatier.. Could just be me6. Hitting flaps up and then flaps 5 again no longer cancels VNAV information7. Changes to FMC do not cancel VNAV information8. Stats still dissapear when you hit EXEC in FMC.9. modelling issues were not resolved (who cares, she flies :) )10. Overall I am pleased thus far. That is all I can think of off the top of my head and I am sure I will have more to report after descent approach and touchdown. Thanks again to the team,-PaulLiquid CooledAMD 4000 San Diego2 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2Dual 7800 GTX 24 inch widescreen dual 19 inch LCDRaid-0psolksig.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

OK, I need to change # 7. I just had a step from 35 to 390 ordered by the FMC. Dialed 390 on the MCP and pressed it and sure enough VNAV disconnected and Econ speed is now blank. I am now going to have to go in and move the CF06L waypoint up in the FMC deleting other waypoints in order to get it back.So # 7 does not appear to be fixed at all, at least for me,-PaulEDIT: OK this is really weird, I was able to get it back without changing my legs at all. It looks like the FMC is ordering a step the plane can not handle. MCP speed is .830 and when I execute to 390 as ordered by the FMC I lose my VNAV and Econ SPD. If I dial the MCP back down to 350 and select it again, VNAV comes back and econ speed us repopulated in magenta. I just tried a step to 370 instead and VNAV held fine.So it almost looks like the FMC is commanding a step to 390 but then telling me it can't do it when I execute it and disengaging VNAV and losing its econ spd settings in the process...Any ideas, is this a r/w idiosynchrocy (spelling) or a PSS issue?Thanks in advance.-PaulLiquid CooledAMD 4000 San Diego2 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2Dual 7800 GTX 24 inch widescreen dual 19 inch LCDRaid-0psolksig.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

I had this problem as well. I had to climb manually to get VNAV to take over again. I was trying to get to 370 from 350. FMC CRZ page said optimum was FL387.

Hey Bob, I edited my post, check it out. I figured out how to re-engage VNAV when this happens,The beauty of being on a 6 hour hop from KEWR-EGCC :) Lots of time to experiment,-PaulLiquid CooledAMD 4000 San Diego2 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2Dual 7800 GTX 24 inch widescreen dual 19 inch LCDRaid-0psolksig.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

It's good that you can recover. I think you should get a 'UNABLE CRZ ALT' (or something like that) message if the FMC can't go to the requested altitude.

I was able to step to 370 so it was almost like the FMC was telling me it was ok to do a 2k foot step even though it was set for ICAO and displaying a 4k foot climb. Weird... Agreed on the unable crz alt, I don't think this should be happening.-PaulLiquid CooledAMD 4000 San Diego2 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2Dual 7800 GTX 24 inch widescreen dual 19 inch LCDRaid-0psolksig.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Woo-Hoo, welcome to Manchester Ladies and Gentleman we hoped you enjoyed your flight. Other than the VNAV issue mid-flight everything else was perfect. I did find a workaround above as well.TBH, I don't think any other plane does a better job of correcting pilot error on overshoot than the PSS T7. I have noticed a number of times on short approaches where I have overshot the intercept flying in hdg mode prior to LOC capture. PSS will lock on prior to overshootting, follow the overshoot and then bring itself back and correct perfectly. For me anyway in a lot of other a/c if you overshoot you are done and they are not going to come back and catch on their own without help...Also, you can load up another flight plan after arriving just fine, Just change the DEP airport or select a new FP. The boxes do not clear automatically but you can still load another FP just fine. Only issue the the Autopilot Disconnect message but I saw Normans response on that earlier and hopefully someone can come up with a workaround.So my only complaint thus far was the VNAV issue mentioned above, hopefully someone from PSS can comment on that otherwise like I said, simply peachy :)See you back in KEWR,Thanks again, look forward to your feedback,-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Guest VetJet

This seems to be the proper thread to add positive experiences with the T7 v1.1 patch. I have to add my two thumbs up on the update. I agree the FDE's improvements are amazing. The CDU is now working 100% for me. I never had any problems beyond the above mentioned. In my book this software is now complete and very enjoyable. Thanks PSS! I know it's been tense for a while but you have delivered. Congrats!Whadzen

Guest NormanB

>Thanks PSS! I know it's>been tense for a while but you have delivered. Congrats!Thank you kindly Sir!

What abou the VNAV/Step Climb issue mentioned above Norman, any comment? Congrats again,-PaulLiquid CooledAMD 4000 San Diego2 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2Dual 7800 GTX 24 inch widescreen dual 19 inch LCDRaid-0psolksig.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Guest Phoenix5

Hello Paul,Whilst Norman and I have not seen this "issue", I have sent a request to the beta team to see if we can reproduce it, in an attempt to find a fix.regards,

Thanks Steven, I think the bigger thing here is that if others do not realize the fix for this people are going to think the CDU is broken... For me I am good now that I know how to work around it.Maybe a sticky with V1.1 known issues and workarounds...1. VNAV disconnects when Step Climb is initiated. Fix: Re-enter the same value for crz alt you are already at. If your step was 4000 ft. Try a step of 2000ft instead. The step will then recalculate and VNAV will re-engage.2. A/P is not "fully" disconnected upon touchdownFix: Ensure "Z" key has not been pressed engaging default A/P3. Avionics issues/weird electronic behaviorFix: Ensure your default flight is default Cessna, Engines running, electronics on. Tip. You do not have to actually load this flight. The parameters are read from the create a flight screen. You can still just select the T7 and departure airport without LOADING the Cessna first. It just has to be saved as your default flight.4. Holes in VC texturesFix: Don't look thereand so on and so on...-PaulLiquid CooledAMD 4000 San Diego2 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2Dual 7800 GTX 24 inch widescreen dual 19 inch LCDRaid-0psolksig.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Guest NormanB

>4. Holes in VC textures>Fix: Don't look therePaul,Thanks for putting one HUGE smile on my face! :D

Paul,A question:Maybe I didn't see this in the posts; I've read through it and haven't seen this, but then again, I am medicated :-laugh1 :On the progress page, what were the values for min opt and max alt?If the max alt was less than 390 (say 387), then VNAV will not command the climb. This is one possible explanation for why it would step only to 370. I know this sounds like a really dumb question, but I didn't see it. I probably missed this, but if you could restate that or refer me back to the post #, I'd appreciate that. I'll fly a test trip tomorrow when my head is clear...had the C scope thing today...a snakey experience.Thanks for understanding my plight...Dave Lambbaw716

Dave, welcome to the medication club first of all. It is Vicodin for me, recovering from spinal surgery. C-scope, I assume you are reffering to a camera where the sun don't shine? I just had one done to look for internal bleeding from top and bottom. Not fun, I wish you the best.Now for your questionI had step to 390 NOW in the CDUOPT Alt was only 376 and Max was 404It looks like the CDU logic was to not command 370 because I was already beyond that for an OPT ALT but would not climb to 390 because OPT wasn't there yet.Feel better,-PaulEDIT: Just confirmed it. Initial crz alt was 340. Step size was set to ICAO. As soon as Opt Alt hit 361 CDU commanded step to 380. Max Alt was 397 and again VNAV disconnected when I tried to initiate the climb. Entered 360 on the MCP and initiated that instead and all was happy again.Liquid CooledAMD 4000 San Diego2 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2Dual 7800 GTX 24 inch widescreen dual 19 inch LCDRaid-0psolksig.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.