Sign in to follow this  
Guest freelancer

T7 patch conclusion

Guest freelancer

First of all thank you very much the whole PSS team for this excellent patch. It really more then what i was expecting and it finally allowed me to fly this wondeful aircraft in FS. :DSpecial thanks to Norman, for his patience, kindness, excellent support and outstanding diplomacy. :)Patch fixes nearly every thing that was an issue.Special attention deserve improved visual model: take a look at new gears and surroundings of it. Engines, tail... too much to mention.Modellers thank you for it. You make my FS experience way nicer.FDE is extremely well written despite a few (possibly only on my PC) weird things on CATIII Land3. Aircraft dancing on the glide too strong. But it might be only my issue.Fuel calculation is perfectly good.Aircraft goes beyond Flaps speeds, but may be she supposed to go beyond it?GPWS on take off is nowhere, on landing not hear "minimums" or "stabilized". (Any chance to improve that part?)TCAS is working outstandingly well (Not tested on Traffic Alerts).Weather radar responce time is very good.General FPS and performance is very good.FMC is bugs free as far as i see it. (Step climb allowed to enter but no actual stepping.) Any chance for FIX page? Would be wonderful.Main panel gauges is simply wonderful. Full information, almost evrything correct. (Got HOLD while on TOGA at takeoff, dunno if thats ok or not, but my guess its not).Had no chance to check out LAND3 because mine isn't working on LAND3. Only hand landings.All in all, if there is a list of improvements it would be too long to mention. Yes, there is still a few bugs. I'm sure they will be fixed. Its a different aircraft now and i'm very much enjoying to pilot it.Thank you very much PSS team for your hard work.RespectfullyAlex Sinevhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/146584.jpg

Guest NormanB

>Thank you very much PSS team for your hard work.Alex,Thanks for your very kind words. I am glad that in the main we have exceeded your expectations.

Guest adameke777

>Aircraft goes beyond Flaps speedsplease be more specific>GPWS on take off is nowherealso, be more specific> (Got HOLD while on TOGA at takeoff,>dunno if thats ok or not, but my guess its not).try again ;-) Thanks

Guest neilb

One thing to note though about the Glideslope capure is that in real life it isn't smooth as silk. This has been confirmed by PMDG actually making their product do a "poorer" job at capturing it. Whilst I don't know whether PSS did this, or what this "bobbing" looks like (as I rarely use autoland), its something to remember.

Guest freelancer

>Aircraft goes beyond Flaps speedsplease be more specificWhen climbing out and flaps lets say 15, aircraft goes beyond speed limit for 15 and continues on to 250 knots until FL10, also disregarding V2 + 80 (If i remember correct it V+80 or more). Same goes for all Flaps settings on climb out.VNAV not yet connected but you can't control pitch at all, like it is connected.>GPWS on take off is nowherealso, be more specificThere is no 80 knots call out, no V1. I can't remember if there is V2 in real T7 so can't comment on that.> (Got HOLD while on TOGA at takeoff,>dunno if thats ok or not, but my guess its not).try again Did. TOGA for up to 75-80 knots then HOLD, but TOGA on engine instruments. :)Glideslope.It was one of PSS greatest achievements on T7 that finally someone made very much realistic Glide.Up until the patch glide was perfect. Outstandingly realistic and very beautiful.Now it looks like aircraft on the glide trying to reproduce before the patch glide behavior. But its too hard turns and too fast.Instead of 2-5 degree "dancing" it "dance" 10-15 degree all the time left/right/left/right and on final it touches down and looks like attempts a Go-Around (after touch down), but during that attempt it does hard left turn.LAND3 lit all the way since 1500 feet reached.Of course i can live with all that, at least i can fly the aircraft now thanks to your work team :)If these issues could be fixed it would be great. :)Thanks again for this great airliner PSS Team! :)Respectfully

Alex,It's supposed to accelerate past flap speeds - you should be retracting on schedule.Unless you input a speed/alt restriction it will try to get to 250 asap. You have to control climbout speed (within limits) with pitch. Also I find that derating takeoff for my weight helps (don't ask :) - I pretty much guess right now) Too much t.o./climb power is hard to control.Do you follow the fd after t.o.? - I find it's a good guide. Flap settings in and of themselves will not limit the aircraft's speed.No callouts - yes would be nice, but...I'm not seeing this dancing at all - land3 solid as a rock and straight down the rwy for me (almost miss the gentle swaying of prepatch - somebody slap me :) )- wonder if your fs9 default ap is engaged and fighting the T7 ap?my 2c - feel free to correct me anybody.regards,MarkXPHomeSP2/FS9.1/3.2HT/1024mb/X700pro256

Regards,

Mark

Guest adameke777

Thanks Alex, this is much clearer now>When climbing out and flaps lets say 15, aircraft goes beyond>speed limit for 15 and continues on to 250 knots until FL10,>also disregarding V2 + 80 (If i remember correct it V+80 or>more). Same goes for all Flaps settings on climb out.>VNAV not yet connected but you can't control pitch at all,>like it is connected.With VNAV not engaged and A/P on - the a/c will accelerate to ECON speed (based on CI, usually around 310 - 320 kias) or 250 kias if below 10,000 feet and speed restriction / transition present in VNAV CLB page.>>GPWS on take off is nowhere>also, be more specific>There is no 80 knots call out, no V1. I can't remember if>there is V2 in real T7 so can't comment on that.Ok, that's not the GPWS (Ground Proximity Warning System) ;-) The GPWS actually does work better than before the patch.As far as I understand, the speed callouts are not present in this rendition of the 777. However, the altitude callouts are there.>>> (Got HOLD while on TOGA at takeoff,>>dunno if thats ok or not, but my guess its not).>>try again >>Did. TOGA for up to 75-80 knots then HOLD, but TOGA on engine>instruments. :)I mean to try your guess again ;-) This is exactly how it works on the real thing. EICAS displays thrust settings, i.e. N1 values (TO, CLB, CRZ, GA). PFD displays thust modes (SPD, THR REF, HOLD, IDLE, TO/GA). The throttle goes into HOLD mode after thrust set and IAS > 80 kias. Have fun

Guest freelancer

Thank you very much Adam and Mark for your explanation.It cleared a few things in my head.I totally messed up speed callouts and GPWS. Not even speaking about HOLD issue. Shame on me.Need to stop flying so many jets and concentrate on one. ;)About altitude callouts, there should be "minimums" or "approaching minimums" callout for sure. Could be nice if it can be added. It's important one.Mark can you please explain what do you mean by saying that FS default autopilot fights with T7 one? How can they both be on?And where to look for it to check it out?Thanks again for your explanations gentleman.Respectfully

Hey Alex,Glad to help if I can.The default fs9 ap, "Z" on the keyboard can be activated and affect the T7 - this actually happened to me on approach once - I had disengaged the 777 ap but the fs9 ap was somehow on.result? I had no control of the aircraft - the fs9 ap did! I realized what was up and hit Z, fs9 ap 'let go' and I had control again. If I had let it continue down who knows what strange things would happen. It may be that as Rob Young is saying above, you and others may have this happening, because trust me - this is a WHOLE NEW AIRPLANE. What you are seeing should NOT be happening.regards,MarkXPHomeSP2/FS9.1/3.2HT/1024mb/X700pro256

Regards,

Mark

Guest freelancer

Thanks Mark, i'll check it out tomorrow. Today is already midnight here so i'll be going to bed.I actually had no idea Z can anyhow control T7. Learned something new today. Well, actually thanks to you and Adam i learned a lot today about T7 and also you helped me to clear out my head of a few things from different aircraft types. :-)Thanks again and happy flying :-)Respectfully

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.