Sign in to follow this  
Guest dp

Problems even with patch

Guest dp

I am SURE it's me, but I don't know what I am doing wrong. I am flying from SCAR to SANT. I used the Load editor to load a randomly filled plan, making note of COG.I go to the Fuel Planner and work out how much fuel is required, returning to the Load editor, putting the fuel in. I now have a COG.I have a pre-made T777LR cold and dark which I did by selecting the default cessna flight leaving mixtures rich, switching magnetos off, with avionics and master switch both on) and then selecting the T777. So I pick this pre-saved flight, change to my new airport (SCAR). Put everything in the FMC, take off after usual startup procedures (incl setting pitch trim) and pretty much as soon as I engage the autopilot the bird just gradually heads for the ground. I have tried it twice, and on my last attempt, it just bobbed on the climb.Could someone post some simple guide to flying this bird (wrt COG) assuming the patch is in place. I know it must be me, but I really need some guidance.Thanks anyonedpDavid P.

Guest sooty

Just a quick thought, have you set the fuel to what you calculated, in the settings menu. (Accessible from the SET button). I was caught by this and my CofG was as calculated but the fuel loaded disagreed. As soon as I got them correct the A/C was really stable at cruise, no bobbing at all.Martin.

Guest Phoenix 1

another "obvious but sorry I will mention it anyway" Have you set a CRUISE ALT in the AP select window ?

Guest dp

Yes and Yes chaps, but thanks very much for your suggestions.I think I have solved it. I don't think my cold and dark was cold and dark enough.If I do the cessna thing every flight, I seem to be ok ?!Thanks anywaydp

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.