Sign in to follow this  
philbrown

A few (minor) issues

Just completed a flight from Heathrow to Johannesburg. No show stopping events - all went OK. But a few minor things came up:1) the 4th LCD digit on the clock (both the upper and lower sections) do not fit into the display window.2) On the VNAV Climb page of the CDU, I'm unable to clear the 250/FL100 speed restriction by means of the delete button. I have tried entering the speed at 1000ft and this seems to clear it OK.3) When switching the ND display from MFD to NAV and then back to MFD, it forgets what page was being viewed and stays on the NAV mode. Don't know is this is supposed to happen or not.3) No warning sound when approaching the cleared level. Every other aircraft I've got makes a sound when your 900ft from the level set in the MCP.Also, are there any plans to release a generic performance manual so we can roughly calculate derates for different runway lengths on departure. If not, does any have access to this type of data? Just a few pages with varying runways lengths gives me a good enough idea of what sort of temp deratre I should be using.Thanks for any help regarding these issues. Glad to say it was worth the wait. Looking forward to some more flying.-Phil

As far as the clock goes I went into the panel.cfg and changed the size to [Window06]Background_color=16,16,16 size_mm=302,305window_size_ratio=1.000 visible=0window_pos= 0.283, 0.0ident=8274gauge00=PSS-B777!Clock, 0,0,302,305That way you can see all the numbers.

John K

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.