Sign in to follow this  
psolk

V1.1 known issues and FAQ

Fellow forum members. AS the PSS team is a bit busy and we all have a lot of info to share I thought I would initiate a common thread for us to put our issues and hopefully our workarounds in an effort to help each other help ourselves a little bit. The PSS team can not be here all the time and I have seen a ton of useful tips. Hopefully we can all share them here:Downloading. Please make sure Internet Cache is cleared prior to download from MY Files. Do not use original installer, download V 1.1 fresh from PSS site after clearing cache.1. VNAV disconnects when Step Climb is initiated.Fix: Re-enter the same value for crz alt you are already at. If your step was 4000 ft. Try a step of 2000ft instead. The step will then recalculate and VNAV will re-engage.2. A/P is not "fully" disconnected upon touchdownFix: Ensure "Z" key has not been pressed engaging default A/P3. Avionics issues/weird electronic behaviorFix: Ensure your default flight is default Cessna, Engines running, electronics on. Tip. You do not have to actually load this flight. The parameters are read from the create a flight screen. You can still just select the T7 and departure airport without LOADING the Cessna first. It just has to be saved as your default flight.4. Holes in VC texturesFix: Don't look there ;)5. Airspeed drops and you get Low Airspeed warningFix: DIsable ALL icing in FSUIPC and ASV if applicable6. Thanks to Jon Goncalves - Portugal for this oneError Code -6001 in Just Flight patch installationFor Just Flight's boxed 777 Professional 1.1 patch you need to read the following in case you experience "Error Code -6001"http://www2.software602.com/kb/view.aspx?articleID=967ALSO: You need to have the CD on the drive to make the installer work7. Thanks to John K for this one.Clock does not display 4th digit in LCD. (Could be resolution problem, it works fine for me at 1920*1200)Fix:Change the following in Panel.cfgBackground_color=16,16,16size_mm=302,305window_size_ratio=1.000visible=0window_pos= 0.283, 0.0ident=8274gauge00=PSS-B777!Clock, 0,0,302,3058. >END OF ROUTE annunciated after landing It should be annunciated on the CDU on landing (If the runway is the last waypoint. Please see below. FMS MessagesMessages are generated by the FMS when a condition exists thatdegrades the operation of the system or when a FMS datalinkmessageis received. The messages are categorized as follows:o Alerting messageso Communications messageso Advisory messageso Entry-error advisory messages.END OF ROUTE The aircraft is passing the last route leg.This message will remain displayed until you CLR it.Please add, lets make this a good positive self help thread :) No bashing in this thread PLEASE!!!-PaulLiquid CooledAMD 4000 San Diego2 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2Dual 7800 GTX 24 inch widescreen dual 19 inch LCDRaid-0psolksig.jpghttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlPer Norman Fixes from V1.0 to 1.1o Autopilot coefficients tunedo Loading a previously saved flight containing an FMC route entered using airways results in blank LEGS page - fixedo Setup window - ADIRU alignment time keeps resetting to FAST - fixedo TCAS showing ghost returns - fixedo Flight Simulator Avionics Master switch is now forced ON if was OFF.o COM2 standby decimal numbers won't change - fixedo Typo on aileron trim switches fixedo Last digit on COM frequency window is clipped - fixedo Autopilot HDG SEL / TRK SEL mode holds magnetic heading or track regardless of HDG REF MAG/TRUE switch - fixedo SPEEDBRAKE ARMED and SPEEDBRAKE EXTENDED EICAS messages addedo APPROACH REF page now shows the destination airport/runway.o Climb thrust limit calculation now gives higher figures.o Incorrect waypoint ETAs generated for cruise altitudes above FL390 - fixed.o GPWS TERRAIN warnings not being silenced by TERR OVRD button - fixedo Autothrottle not always disconnecting when reverse thrust is applied - fixedo GR WT not automatically updating on PERF page - fixedo SPEEDBRAKES EXTENDED message will not be shown on groundo Thrust limit will not switch to GA at the beginning of the descent but will remain CRZ until flaps are extended during approacho Pushing TO/GA switch in-flight now engages TOGA/TOGA pitch and roll modes. If TO, TO1 or TO2 thrust limit is active, any thrust derates are removed. If CRZ thrust limit is active, it is changed to GA thrust.o Airfield elevation amber hatch on PFD altitude tape - calculations correctedo Autothrottle disconnect upon reverser activation - modifiedo Black rectangle behind ADIRU at night - fixed

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest Segwin

Issue.Upon entering and executing a FS Flight Plan the duct pressurization information disappears from the display panel that shows N1 & EGT.

>Issue.>>Upon entering and executing a FS Flight Plan the duct>pressurization information disappears from the display panel>that shows N1 & EGT.>>FIXDisplay lower EICAS on the Pilot's NAV display, and in the display select choose "AIR", brings the pressurisation info back to the upper EICAS. apparently it only appears when you have AIR selected, and the lower EICAS info displayed on the pilot's NAV display. Javier

Guest britair

>Fellow forum members. AS the PSS team is a bit busy and we>all have a lot of info to share I thought I would initiate a>common thread for us to put our issues and hopefully our>workarounds in an effort to help each other help ourselves a>little bit. The PSS team can not be here all the time and I>have seen a ton of useful tips. Hopefully we can all share>them here:>>Downloading. Please make sure Internet Cache is cleared prior>to download from MY Files. Do not use original installer,>download V 1.1 fresh from PSS site after clearing cache.>>1. VNAV disconnects when Step Climb is initiated.>Fix: Re-enter the same value for crz alt you are already at.>If your step was 4000 ft. Try a step of 2000ft instead. The>step will then recalculate and VNAV will re-engage.>>2. A/P is not "fully" disconnected upon touchdown>Fix: Ensure "Z" key has not been pressed engaging default A/P>>3. Avionics issues/weird electronic behavior>Fix: Ensure your default flight is default Cessna, Engines>running, electronics on. Tip. You do not have to actually load>this flight. The parameters are read from the create a flight>screen. You can still just select the T7 and departure airport>without LOADING the Cessna first. It just has to be saved as>your default flight.>>4. Holes in VC textures>Fix: Don't look there ;)>>5. Airspeed drops and you get Low Airspeed warning>Fix: DIsable ALL icing in FSUIPC and ASV if applicable>>6. Thanks to Jon Goncalves - Portugal for this one>Error Code -6001 in Just Flight patch installation>For Just Flight's boxed 777 Professional 1.1 patch you need to>read the following in case you experience "Error Code -6001">http://www2.software602.com/kb/view.aspx?articleID=967>ALSO: You need to have the CD on the drive to make the>installer work>>7. Thanks to John K for this one.>Clock does not display 4th digit in LCD. (Could be resolution>problem, it works fine for me at 1920*1200)>Fix:Change the following in Panel.cfg>Background_color=16,16,16>size_mm=302,305>window_size_ratio=1.000>visible=0>window_pos= 0.283, 0.0>ident=8274>>gauge00=PSS-B777!Clock, 0,0,302,305>>8. >END OF ROUTE annunciated after landing >It should be annunciated on the CDU on landing (If the runway>is the last waypoint. Please see below.> FMS Messages>Messages are generated by the FMS when a condition exists>that>degrades the operation of the system or when a FMS>datalinkmessage>is received. The messages are categorized as follows:>o Alerting messages>o Communications messages>o Advisory messages>o Entry-error advisory messages.>END OF ROUTE The aircraft is passing the last route leg.>This message will remain displayed until you CLR it.>>>>>Please add, lets make this a good positive self help thread :)> No bashing in this thread PLEASE!!!>-Paul>>Liquid Cooled>AMD 4000 San Diego>2 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2>Dual 7800 GTX >24 inch widescreen dual 19 inch LCD>Raid-0>psolksig.jpg>http://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.html>>Per Norman> Fixes from V1.0 to 1.1>>o Autopilot coefficients tuned>>o Loading a previously saved flight containing an FMC route>entered using airways results in blank LEGS page - fixed>>o Setup window - ADIRU alignment time keeps resetting to FAST>- fixed>>o TCAS showing ghost returns - fixed>>o Flight Simulator Avionics Master switch is now forced ON if>was OFF.>>o COM2 standby decimal numbers won't change - fixed>>o Typo on aileron trim switches fixed>>o Last digit on COM frequency window is clipped - fixed>>o Autopilot HDG SEL / TRK SEL mode holds magnetic heading or>track regardless of HDG REF MAG/TRUE switch - fixed>>o SPEEDBRAKE ARMED and SPEEDBRAKE EXTENDED EICAS messages>added>>o APPROACH REF page now shows the destination airport/runway.>>o Climb thrust limit calculation now gives higher figures.>>o Incorrect waypoint ETAs generated for cruise altitudes above>FL390 - fixed.>>o GPWS TERRAIN warnings not being silenced by TERR OVRD button>- fixed>>o Autothrottle not always disconnecting when reverse thrust is>applied - fixed>>o GR WT not automatically updating on PERF page - fixed>>o SPEEDBRAKES EXTENDED message will not be shown on ground>>o Thrust limit will not switch to GA at the beginning of the>descent but will remain CRZ until flaps are extended during>approach>>o Pushing TO/GA switch in-flight now engages TOGA/TOGA pitch>and roll modes. If TO, TO1 or TO2 thrust limit is active, any>thrust derates are removed. If CRZ thrust limit is active, it>is changed to GA thrust.>>o Airfield elevation amber hatch on PFD altitude tape ->calculations corrected>>o Autothrottle disconnect upon reverser activation - modified>>o Black rectangle behind ADIRU at night - fixed ref item 7 I found dragging the r/h edge out slightly caused the 4th digit to appear!!

Guest Segwin

>>Issue.>>>>Upon entering and executing a FS Flight Plan the duct>>pressurization information disappears from the display panel>>that shows N1 & EGT.>>>>>>FIX>>Display lower EICAS on the Pilot's NAV display, and in the>display select choose "AIR", brings the pressurisation info>back to the upper EICAS. apparently it only appears when you>have AIR selected, and the lower EICAS info displayed on the>pilot's NAV display. >>JavierHi Javier:More to the point, should it disappear in the first place?

In the aircraft.cfg files (one for each variation of the 777), in the autopilot section, change the line:autopilot_available=1to readautopilot_available=0This will prevent inadvertently switching on the default A/P with a mapped key (default is "Z") or a mapped joystick button.If the default A/P is switched on, you may see squirrelly landings and rollout behavior, among other things.This will not affect the PSS autopilot contained in the 777 panel.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

>>Hi Javier:>>More to the point, should it disappear in the first place?Don't know really, I'm not a pilot, nor a Boeing engineer, I'm merely telling you how to make it appear again, to try and help, that's all.

Guest Dutch64

mentioned it before in another post but since this thread seems to collect all minor issues;)Lighting of the panel (the green lights) doesn't cover the entire panel during dusk and dawn conditions. For example the word "autobrake" is still white while others are green.Also the green text doesn't nicely replace the white text so double text can be seen.Yes Paul, I know, a possible fix would be not to turn on the panel light or don't look at it;)Martin

Guest gber

On ILS approach, the nav display reads CRS 000 in the upper right corner. ND Centre Switch was in the Centre-App position. Seems minor, but I thought I'd report it anyway.Many thanks for a great add-on. Gaylord

Guest ags

My radio locked up again :/ I can only change freq via sb .com command.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.