Sign in to follow this  
Byrna

Cold and dark - a "wittle" question...

Hello EveryoneI have downloaded the 777 patch and while I'm still in the testing stages, I have a long-nagging question to which I have not quite found an answer in these forums: The issue of cold & dark cockpit setup based on the default Cessna flight (from OTHER-DEFAULT FLIGHT).I have set the Microsoft FS2004 default flight as my default flight and set the startup settings in the 772LR to COLD & DARK COCKPIT and get the following overhead panel (see screenshot below):http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/146600.jpgMy cockpit displays are all dark and the engines are off (hence "cold), but as you can see, there are some switches and buttons still in the AUTO or ON position. I am wondering if this is considered a typical cold&dark cockpit even in a real-life 777 as it occurred to me that some of these buttons may perhaps be left in the AUTO position but of course, I may be wrong and they may all be completely turned off. EDIT: I am thinking that because the default is based on a relatively simple plane like the Cessna 172 SkyHawk, a lot of these switches in the 777 do not have any equivalent in the Cessna so perhaps this is why they are left ON/AUTO? -> would this be a correct assumption?I can still get all the switches in the OFF position by starting with the default Cessna, then switching to the 777, setting the startup to DON'T CHANGE (not cold and dark), turning off all switches and saving the flight which I load from my saved flights list.Can PSS (Norman...or shall I call you "Sir" ? ;-) ) comment on this? I know it sounds silly, but this default flight stuff is something that Microsoft should seriously look into changing in their FSX and it's exact usage still confuses me (-: ...John

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

John,You bought the product so you are the Sir ;)From the state you currently have, set the switches to wherever you are most happy and then save the flight.When you next load that flight the switch position will be saved.

Hi Norman,Sir yes Sir! (?) By the way, I have observed that PSS customer service is second to none of the two major commercial jetliner paywares which I own as you actually respond very professionally and politely to inquiries. Thank-you for that.Okay, so you have confirmed what I have been doing when I saved a special "default" flight for the 777 and use that as my starting point.Thanks again,John