Sign in to follow this  
johnk51

3 questions (maybe)

1. I was doing a flight from KSFO to KORD. ATC had me desend from 390 to 310. I used the flch. It was desending at 6000 fpm. It over shot 310 by 400-500 ft. Then I went from 310 to 230. It only over shot by 100. it was only around 5400 fpm desent. It got better the lower I got. Is 6000 fmp desent normal?2. I was landing 14R. I had selected 14R in the cdu. I had to go to the nav rad page and select it from the line that had the freq and bearing it said parked. I put them in both nav rad. Do I have to do this everytime. Is this normal. My other addon planes change automatically.3. I had the autobrake set to 2. after slowing below 60 I hit my brake on my stick, but the autobrake didn't disconnect. My other planes do when I manually hit the brakes. I can't remember what my PSS A330/340 does (haven't flowen them in a long time too many new planes). Shouldn't the autobrakes disconnect when manual braking is applied?Good got away with 3 questions.

John K

Guest FedEx_4

For your second question: If you select the runway in the computer you shouldn't have to manually enter the ILS freq.And for your first: 6000 FPM is way too much!!!! Dude try something around 1800 FPM to 2000 FPM. Remember this isn't a fighter jet! Haha but seriously thats a little over the top. Good Luck!KK

Well, for the 6000 the cdu determines the fpm when using the flch. I guess that v/s is the way to go for now.

John K

Guest britair

Hi all I did a flight from Heathrow to Damascus The flight was great except 1:- the nd course line stayed attached to the a/c triangle during taxi and t/o (Ok when being vectored by atc for a visual to runway 5L) 2:- the initial descent from FL410 was at 6000fpm with a 400ft overshoot below the cleared alt of FL310 after that the descents in vnav were normal. The a/c peformed faultlessly on touch down although the autobrake still did not realease to disarm when manual brakes applied. Brian

Guest jkramer51

One other thing I noticed is that when my T7 200 captures the g/s the autothrottle starts increasing. I have to turn off the autothrottle move my throttle on my saitek st290 pro stick up then down real quick then turn the autothottle back on then it will slow to the speed I selected. It works all the way from t/o till the g/s capture before it messes up. Any one elese having this problem? Also, I saw in other threads about the 6000 fpm desent. And their told that it might be starting the desent too late for vnav. But mine does it in flch which doesn't have anything to do with t/d. I'm now using the v/s so I can control the desent. The flch seems to work under 10K but at high alts it's bad.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.