Sign in to follow this  
Guest _Christopher_

CD-ROM version of Patch - FIXED

I already wrote to justFlioght about this, but i know a lot of individuals stroll this forum constantly, so I'll post here in hopes of a faster answer . . .Has anyone else had the following issue with their CD-ROM versions?========================================================InstallShield WizardSetup has experienced an error.Please do the following:-Close any running programs-Empty your temporary folder-check your internet connection (Internet based setups)Then try the setup again.Error code -6001========================================================Okay I did all of the above except the internet connection as this is a CD-Rom based issue, however the error code lookslike it is not related to my install, but rather a corrupt file? i am just wondering if anyone here had this error code before and the proper resolution for it.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

FIXED!!!!This InstallShield error indicates a corrupt version of InstallShield is installed on your computer. To correct this issue, simply delete the following folder from your computer and attempt to run the installer again: C:Program FilesCommon FilesInstallShieldProfessionalRunTime0701 The above information is quoted from http://support.gamespy.com/article.aspx?id...28&cNode=4P2L6C -- which I found doing an internet search for "Error Code 6001". i should have searched that before posting. Posting this here in case anyone else encounters this ever LOL.

Haha. Figures. And I even did a search in the forum using the same string I used on the internet LOL. Ah well.I love the fact that now we canhave the align time saved permenantly :-) That was about the only thing that ever bugged me before. I guess I got too used to the fast align, because last night I found myself sitting around reviewing charts while waiting for the alignment to catch up to where I was on the checklist LOL.Thanks for the reply, and PSS - thanks for the patch :-)