Sign in to follow this  
Guest mulletman

Just Flight Version 777 - Startup technique

Guest mulletman

Hey all,Started flying this bird yesterday, and so far have only flown the tutorial flights fully twice, and partially once.I just have afew querys about things that i have noticed:1 - No '80, V1, Rotate, V2 etc' callouts. Authough this is not serious, i would have thought that this would have been implemented.2- Hydraulics. Even when these have no power supplied, the control sefaces are moving. They will droop correctly, but both the FtCtrl page shows movement, and the exterior model. Again, its not something that bothers me, but it would be nice to have corrected.Also, when should these be turned on. In the Just Flight tutorial, it says during overhead scan, but i though (as a regular Lds 767 pilot) that they were swiched on during the 'before start' Swithcing on during scan causes an EICAS message, and a warning sound.3- APU/startup soundsI can accept that there are no sounds in the flight deck on start up, but its also extremely quiet outside. on my first flight i *thought* i could hear sounds. But im not sure.4- VNAV Descent They are rather nose-down. And so are the FL CHG for that matter. Maybe its just me, but i dont remeber my recent flight on a 777 having a nose down descent. Just me? The speed also seems to rise, despite being set. No Drag required messages. The same happens (authough less often) in a FL CH descent. I have also found that the aircraft, in either mode, will start to climb to shed speed. I figured that it should fly level at most.5- Warnings.My aircraft likes to beep loudly at me. During start up i dont cancel the EICAS messages before the overhgead scan. This means they tun themselfs off. Shoudl i cancel it? On top of this L ENG OIL TEMP displays constantly, but R ENG does not. Every so often it will appear and bleep at me. Very annoying. There is also a plethora of warnings on shut down. of them, only 2 i can under stand, and they are for the 2 engines.I ask here, as i see these as PSS troubles rather than something that Just Flight would be able to point me in the right direction for.Apart for this, which im sure you guys know about, and can correct my errors on, im pretty happy.Kind regards,Fred 'mulletman' Clark.

Guest Knikolaes

On the others I cannot answer because I am using another soundset with the T7.However, on the startup and warning messages, don't worry about canceling them. What the beeping is on startup is the fact that FS starts by default with everything running (which it should -- this shows you have the proper default flight loaded for FS). As you'll notice, for an **instant** the aircraft is running, then when FS finishes stabalizing the flight, everything spools down (if cold/dark is your PSS situation). As it spools down, the bird senses all of the shutdowns and starts alarming.Just go by the checklists (there is a point on the checklist where you clear everything) and all will go well. Of course you CAN cancel the yellow text immediately if you want, but by the time FS stabalizes, all of the aural warnings will have already yelled at you and gone silent.Hope this helps.

Guest mulletman

all of the aural warnings will have>already yelled at you and gone silent.Thats the thing, i accept them at first, ie, intil i am C+D, but the warnings i am speaking of are not during this peoiod. They are throughout the startup procedure, ie, when i turn the hydraulics on, when i start the APU, when i connect/disconnect ground power.I just landed, on another tutorial run. On shut down/Secure, i heard the warning when i hit the following switches:APU Start (just after landing)Left engine cutoffRight engine cutoffExternal power selectedFuel Pumps offHydraulics offADIRU offExternal power deselectedNow im no T7 pilot, but i know that cant be right. I do intend to buy the ITVV dvd some time soon, but i dont particully want to wait that long to find out.The input is appreciated though.

Guest Knikolaes

Wow, the APU thing is weird to me. I'll have to reenact another flight and see if I notice this. The rest, however, as far as I know, is actually normal. During startup those would be normal, too. i just never noticed any alarm during an APU start before, but that could be just my selective hearing. I'll actually check it out right now and let you know what I hear.For reference i am using the latest checklist available for download in the USER EDITS section of the PSS web site.

Guest mulletman

I'll actually check it out right now and let you>know what I hear.>>For reference i am using the latest checklist available for>download in the USER EDITS section of the PSS web site.To hear that the rest is normal (you mean on shutdown i presume?) is a hugge relief. The fault actually occours when the switch is moved to 'ON'. the fault light illuminates, then goes out along with the Fwd Lft tank pressure light. The same happens on the 767, hence i leve the selctor at 'on' for a little bit, before starting the APU.I am still curious to if the Enging Oil Temp R error is correct.Oh, and for the checklist, how is, it? I like having a paper checklist in frount of me, and created my own for the Captiansim 727. I was about to write my own today, as this one seemed to have a lot of lines that were not moddeled in the sim.Ill give it a try [:)]

Guest Knikolaes

It is an AWESOME checklist. I very highly recommend it as it even gives some short descriptions along the way specifically for ther PSS bird. And it is in pleasing color, so items are easy to see and differentiate.Look for the following in the Uswer Edits in the 777 section:Michael Swannick Boeing 777 Normal Checklist pss777checklist.zipit is near the bottom and supersedes a couple of other checklists that were further up the list (corrections were made).I am about to reenact the following, looking specifically for an APU warning sound . . . UAL8149 United Air Lines Inc. "United" Aircraft Boeing 777-200 (twin-jet) [b772/Q] Origin Denver Int'l [KDEN] Destination Seattle Tacoma Int'l [KSEA] Route YELLO3 LAR J175 DBS J82 DNJ J20 PDT CHINS5 Date Thursday, Apr 06, 2006 Duration 2 hours 18 minutes Distance 1950 NM Proposed/Assigned Actual/Estimated Departure 08:46 MDT 09:04 MDT Arrival 09:58 PDT 10:22 PDT Speed 490 kts 429 kts Altitude 36000 feet 28600 feet ========================================================Passengers (208) 37440 Distance 1950 nmcargo 15751 Alternate 100 nm------------------------------ ------------------------Payload 53191 Taxi Time 15 minBasic Empty Weight 320000 Holding Time 45 min------------------------------ ------------------------Zero Fuel Weight 373191 Reserves 5000 lbFuel 91184 ------------------------------------------------------ Altitude 36000Gross Weight 464374 ------------------------------------------------------ Equipment B772 LRCoG (%MAC) 27% Flight Number UAL 8149------------------------------ ------------------------Should take me a couple of hours to do then I will re-post here the result.

Guest mulletman

Thanks, as i said before, your input is greatly appreciated.If there are any other warning you hear, please say. Am prining the checklist now, thanks. [:)]

Guest Knikolaes

Okay, just did that flight, which went perfect I must say :-)3 sets of warning appear to happen at startup when FS loads as things stabalize. Once FS has stabalized, I noted all regular-flow warnings as follows:Electrical power establishedAPU startCross feed switches testEngine start (first engine only)Once landed, the shutdown warnings should occur as follows:Fuel control switches cutoffFuel pump switches offHydraulic pumps offADIRU offAPU/External power disconnectBattery offHope that helps.

Guest mulletman

>3 sets of warning appear to happen at startup when FS loads as>things stabalize. Once FS has stabalized, I noted all>regular-flow warnings as follows:>Once landed, the shutdown warnings should occur as follows:>>Hope that helps.That helps a LOT. Thats pretty much what i was hearing, It just seems like a lot.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.