Sign in to follow this  
pbenoit

T7 Autoland ..

Rob Y, Norman, Anyone?I can't believe no one has tried an autoland ...It's Friday!!!!! Happy Friday!!

I just tried an autoland too. VREF+5 15knot headwind, Seemed pretty smooth, checked and it was 520 fpm!!! Ouch! Eric

Guest Jondan

hi ,same thing is happening to me :-(with an even greater rate 600-650 fpm guess will just have to wait till the guys at support come back to us with a solution.I wont use the bird till then though , since im also using fspassengers and my overall scores are going down toghether with my money expent on repairs ;-(jondan

After a flawless flight from YSSY to SBGL, my flight turned all to that well known commodity with an uncommanded R wing down at the flare during an autoland. Jeff

Jeff Hunter

First, thanks for the update!!!!!Flew SQ297 from WSSS to NZCH yesterday in the newly updated -200LR. Nice flight I thought.I have a question and an issue:Question:NZCH was very foggy, so I thought I'd try an autoland ... On approach I was 430552 lbs, FMC said 136 ref, wind was calm, temp 20c, (using ASv6 for weather. RC4 vectored me downwind for RW 17, turned me onto the localizer, which the T7 intercepted crisply, set up for landing, flaps 30, 142kts, glideslope intercepted crisply, cleared to land ... gradually slowed to 136 while on the G/S since conditions were calm. Autoland info annunciated correctly at 1500' ... saw the runway at 100' but decided to let it autoland. Nice landing I thought ... A/T off, reversers, etc... I thought a good landing. Paused to look at FS Flightkeeper .. which to my dismay said I landed at -408 fpm ... BAD in FSFK's estimation ... hahahaha. What is a good landing VS for the T7? -408 seems kind of heavy .. thought an autoland would be "gentler" ,,, but not sure ... so that's why I am asking.Issue:Before the patch, on approach, I would set up the landing RW and 12 mile fix ... whatever the approach offered. Cleaned up the discos, and followed RC4's vectoring in Heading Select. In the last stages of the downwind, I would use the FMS to set up a "direct to" to the 12 mile fix ... so I could see it on the ND (still in Heading Select), and use the "miles to" info for my own awareness. When doing the "direct to" on the legs page, the magenta line always lost its connection to the aircraft symbol ... should not do that ??? I think??? ... With the Patch installed, the same occurs ... or am I wrong here ... I thought that the magenta line would be always connected to the a/c symbol. (don't want to mention names, but on the 737s, 767 and 747s I use, the magenta line does not get disconnected)O well .. thoughts would be appreciated.Thanks, and

Guest NormanB

People (read fspax users) are very fixated with the FPM of the descent.A question.. which is a better landing?:1. A "greaser"2. A "firm" landing whereAsk any airline pilot and they will generally say that a greaser is not what the company wants. Naturally there are extremes - the company won't want something that is going to damage the ship. 10 feet a second isn't going to cause damage.

Hi Norman,Thanks for the response. I think one of the questions was the "normal range" of FPM's for a 777 (I'm particularly interested in the 772). A while back on the Feelthere forum there was a very helpful discussion of the issue, but for 737 sized airliners.There is a point of "hard landing" where the landing has to be reported to flight ops or whoever so that the ground maintenance folks can check for structural damage. So the question is simple, what is the limit for a "reasonable autoland" which won't cause structural damage on a 772 or 773. My 405 FPM autoland at a reasonable weight and FMC commanded speed caused FS Flight Keeper to tell me it was a bad landing ... I just want to know for my own flying "skill" (and I do use that word loosly ... hehehe) ... what's good, bad and in between. Someone knows the answer. And this is really not a "fixation" issue, it is a "skill" issue and perhaps "tweak the airfile" issue.So while I appreciate your attention, it would be really cool to have an answer and good evaluation of whether this is an issue.Respectfully,Paul BenoitKSAN

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.