Sign in to follow this  
greg100o

Question about entering CG data

There are two places where CG data can be entered into the CDU. One is blank the other always says 30%. Do we put the same number from the load editor into both areas?Thanks,GReg

Greg Clark

Greg:I am no expert but I have read here and it seems to work as follows. Use the CG calculated after using the load editor and fuel quantity. Change the CG on the take off page only to the figure taken from the load editor matching your fuel quantity with settings on the panel settings page.This probably sounds confusing and I am sure there will be someone with a better explanation but I tried at least.Good luck and happy flying.Rick

Greg,From FMC Guide (Bill Bulfer) www.fmcguide.com, page 87:"CG is entered on the TAKEOFF REF page. After CG is entered, the FMC calculates and displays stab takeoff setting to the right of the CG entry. Trim display in 0.25 unit increments. Note: CG will be blank when airborne."If the load editor provides a %MAC CG number, it will save the proper weight/balance values to the aircraft.cfg file. If you insert that same number in the FMC (CG %), it should accurately give you the stab trim setting for the values that were saved by the load editor. Rick's comments are dead on correct, IMHO. Hopefully this additional bit of information will help.Regards,Dave LambUnited Virtual Airlines/SEAFOsea_sr_767-1.png

Dave:I almost had the plane flying perfect before the patch by tweaking fuel quantities and CG. I want to learn more about this plane cause I think it is just great. With the help of people like yourself and others here I am confident I will get good enough to fly online.Best RegardsRick

See numbers 20-27, it might help,-PaulLiquid CooledAMD 4000 San Diego2 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2Dual 7800 GTX 24 inch widescreen dual 19 inch LCDRaid-0psolksig.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Paul, I must be daft, I can't find the referenced posts you mentioned. Would you mind adding a link if possible?Many thanksDave Lamb

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.