Sign in to follow this  
dam942

FPS problem after patch

With version 1 I had 27 FPS locked at 27 on the ground in 2d panel.After the patch, I have only 18 FPS, with the same settings in the same conditions (777 setup, airport, weather, time, livery ...).The 18 FPS still remain when in cruise, with clear sky.I uninstalled and reinstalled the 772LR and the 773ER with no luck.It isn't an hardware problem because I have an AMD FX-57 with 2GB RAM and 7800GTX.With the others addons (320-330-340 PSS, 747 PMDG, 767 LDS) the frame rate goes up to 27.Why this big loss?Any help?Thanks, Luca

Guest NormanB

>Why this big loss?Luca,Nothing really changed to affect frame rates, nor indeed have any of the team reported anything like that.If anything the 777 is as friendly if not more so than other add ons I have here.

Hey Norman,in first, congrats to your team for the nice job. First day I installed, all went fine, but the second, when I decided to do a fresh install, it "destroyed" the plane, I mean: I was flying with frames of about45 (locked at 51) ina ny condition, as usual... but now I get frame drops from 45 to 4 every second.. and I'm absolutely unable to move the camera smoothly on the exterior view due to that. May it be something with the navigation systems? Maybe the DB of the FMC or the refresh of the FMC... any idea? Thanks!

Giorgio La Pira

So I'm not the only customer with this problem.I think it is panel-related, becouse if I try to merge the panel with the Meljet 777, I have the same big FPS loss.Any help would be appreciatedLuca

Guest b1ddys55

I have this issue too. Used to get 25+ frames/sec before patch. Now i'm only getting 13-14. I've tried getting rid of the VC but this has not improved anything so i guess the problem lies with the 2D cockpit or the CDU Nav data.Have changed aircraft to PMDG 747 whilst in flight and my frame rates shoot up to 24+I'm going to investigate more..

Since the PSS product has an installation program and is uninstallable from the "Control Panel-Add/Remove Programs", it is possible that there may be a registry conflict; especially if you simply install over the old version. Removing the program and reinstalling it with the new patch may not resolve the registry conflict.In my experience, I have found that many FS programs are affected by problems in the registry. I therefore regularly run a registry cleaner to remove conflicts and double entries. I have not had the frame rate problems that any of you describe with the 777-200LR/300ER; however, I run "Registry Mechanic" at least 2-3 times per day and find all kinds of errors that have to be corrected. Before I purchased this program, I had differing problems with various aircraft affecting frame rates (that were advertised not to affect FR) and since having the registry cleaner, I have far fewer problems.This may or may not correct the situation on your computer; everyone has a slightly different setup. That said, there are several free registry cleaners out there; I suggest you go on ZDNET, CNET or PCWorld and pull the best freeware registry cleaner and give it a try. It might fix the problem. It certainly will make your computer run faster.All the bestDave Lamb

Guest b1ddys55

well i've spent the morning uninstalling the 777 and cleaning any entries in the registry.Have re-installed but it has made no difference. I'm getting 15fps max, 13fps when the PFD & EICAS are on. Basically unflyable when i load weather and a detailed airportHave merged with meljet and still get the slow frame rates, so it has got to be 2D panel related.Oh well it's back to the hanger for the 777:(

Guest Phoenix 1

just a thought ?did you perhaps adjust the refresh rates using the setup uitility in your previous installations ... could be simply that you overlooked this process in your second installation ?

I think the PSS staff must investigate. It's not the result expected after a 4 months wait.Regards, Luca

Guest NormanB

Luca,Do you think if we had seen a loss in frame rates we wouldnt have said something?Have you looked at the refresh rate in the panel setup utility (shift 8) as Graham suggested?

Luca,A question: I am running into the same thing, but I am not convinced yet its PSS related (only because I have had this problem before with other aircraft). Here's the question in two parts:a) what is your current frame rate setting?:( before or after the patch, did you make any adjustments at all to the display settings? (I know this one sounds really dumb and I am sorry to ask it, but I have more or less the same setup you have and I ran into some trouble recently by messing with the display settings).I agree that PSS should have a look at the issue. If we can rule out anything going on with our hardware, it will make it easier for them to narrow their focus to the aspects of their product which may affect frame rates.Many thanksDave Lamb

To Norman: in the setup menu, all the three items are at 6 (like in version 1, and I think it's the default setting).To Dave: my frame rate is locked at 27 to keep it constant for the most time, on ground and approach too, and with the other aircrafts (PSS 330&340, PMDG 747&737, LDS 767, CLS346) it is really so. FS runs at 1280x1024x32 in full screen. If you wish others dislapy settings, I'll post later when at home.Recently I didn't change any display setting.In my opinion, something runs simultaneously hidden from the normal routines.Thanks, Luca

Same problem here,The Panel FPS are left at default and the frames after the patch is as low as 10 where I usually have 20 - 25 using other payware aircrafts..Chris

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

I just flew my second flight and true enough, I'm having the same problem as everyone else with frame rates, 18 tops with no weather and not flying into updated airports.Some of the reason this is going to be hard to pin down is that there are usually so many programs and processes running in the background that any one of them could be the cause of the FP loss. I'm going to dig into my computer to see if I can clean it up and then fly the 777 again. If I find the magic formula...you'll be the first to know.Dave Lamb

This is a follow on post to my previous post regarding slower frame rates when flying the 777.I have successfully operated two patterns at KSEA (off 34R, land 34L), at frame rates that averaged near 45.0 FPS (which is the setting I had entered).Here is what I did:1. I found a large number of old programs and executables on my computer that I removed. I then ran my reg cleaner and spyware detector, defragged my hard drive (I use Diskeeper 10.0), then once everything was cleaned up I loaded FS9.2. I set the display settings to roughly 60% on all the sliders; there are some recommendations I have read that state that all sliders for scenery should be moved to zero. My opinion is run as low as necessary to get the desired frame rates, especially if you will be flying in weather.3. I set my display settings to 1280x1020x324. I set the frame rates slider to 45.My frame rates on the ground ran at about 19.5-20, once airborne, I was maxing out at 45fps. This is with no weather. My sense is had I added weather it would have dropped the performance by half.The next test tomorrow will be with external weather on a short flight (KSEA-KSFO), to see how the aircraft will handle in differing conditions.There has always been a school of thought regarding scenery detail; scenery detail is important closer to the ground. If you have an airport (Simflyers airpors are horrible on frame rates), then you want your sliders closer to zero, since on short final, the frame rate performance will deteriorate significantly (as it did when I landed--I went from about 45 to 20 at about 500 feet).What this proves is that on my computer, I was able to achieve high frame rates with the T7, which was contrary to my earlier experience. By adjusting the sliders and cleaning up my hard drive, I was able to improve the performance. This tells me that the 777 itself is not dragging down frame rates; the larger the aircraft, the bigger the impact on frame rates (same issues exist with the PMDG747-400 at certain airports). When you are flying the aircraft, the scenery is secondary unless you are doing low altitude flying. I was at 5000 feet and getting 45fps, so I can't complain about the performance.A couple of other points: RAM makes a huge difference. The performance of FS improved 300% by adding additional RAM. In my case, my computer has 3GB of DDR3200 ram, dual channel. I don't have the most efficient RAM on my computer (its really expensive), but this is working for me quite well.I really was suspicious about the frame rate issue with this aircraft. I have had similar experiences with other aircraft and when I flew the aircraft earlier today, I had not cleaned the computer. Having done so, I have achieved improved performance. Also by reducing the complexity of the scenery, I improved the frame rates, which directly affect handling characteristics of the aircraft (especially when hand flying).Give some of my suggestions a try on your computer. Most of these suggestions are safe and will not damage your computer. The only action item that could be a problem is removing files from your computer after you have uninstalled the programs. Cleaning a lot of junk out of the windows temp file and the recycle bin also made a difference... make sure you know what you are removing before you do it; otherwise...Not everything is a PSS problem. I think each of us will have a slightly different experience with this aircraft based on our computer configurations. That said, a few basic maintenance actions can make a big difference in performance.Good luckDave Lamb

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.