Sign in to follow this  
dam942

FPS problem after patch

Guest adameke777

Why do you assume they haven't started yet ?A.G.

Guest wayupthere

@Luka.. Meaning according to you im not allowed to state the problem i have? And what i have tried to find out what causes it?@A.G.. Who says i am assuming that?

Because a PSS member wrote: "Do you think if we had seen a loss in frame rates we wouldnt have said something?"I think they believe that it isn't a B777 problem, but only a computer-related problem.I hope that the posts in this thread can serve to change their opinion.Luca

Guest adameke777

Who says my response was addressed to you ? :-badteeth (this would make a good dentist commercial)Adam

Guest wayupthere

haha ok Adam. apology to you :(

Guest wayupthere

Christopher:Well perhaps it would help if you were given an honest 'critique' of the said videos before submitting them for school. I do wish you the best of luck on school and I am only trying to help here and I would hardly give you a bad review because I enjoy watching aircraft videos of any quality. I actually made a couple and then realized I could narrate.(SP!) Right in the middle of the 'narration' my lovely wife(bless her heart)interupted the process for something 'important' and I ruined the video. Such is the life of a flight simmer. I had to ask her if she really thought she held more importance than my flying. Lol.Best RegardsRick(inept but learning pilot) 777,747,737,727,767 and A340.

Guest adameke777

>Because a PSS member wrote: "Do you think if we had seen a>loss in frame rates we wouldnt have said something?"Judging by the tense used in the quoted sentence, it refers to the past, not present.>I think they believe ...I think it's time you asked for a refund from whoever taught you the art of mind reading. >I hope that the posts in this thread can serve to change their>opinion.Yes, posts with constructive information.Adam

Chris and to all,I all THRILLED that you were able to get your computer doing what you described!!!I know I'm not the only one who gave you advice, so congrats to the rest of you who helped Chris...Just FYI Chris...I don't like Zone Alarm. I found it to be too limiting; it slowed my internet access down so much (because it was stopping stuff getting through) that I finally ended up chucking it.AdAwareSE works better and is not so obtrusive...although, frankly, the Spyware Detector I have from PC tools that I use in conjunction with the other stuff (specifically Reg Mechanic) gives me a much more stable platform. I use McAfee Personal Firewall...It's not the best but certainly better than what Norton put out for 2006..which fried two of my computers (this is my experience only..do not take as recommendation not to buy). There are issues with McAfee and personal information which I have read about; so while I have it on my computers, check it out thoroughly before you decide to put it on your computer.My recommendation to anyone who is having the frame rate issue is to run some of the cleaning recommendations I made in my last post. If you have a computer with less than 2GB RAM and a 50% free space on your hard drive, this is critical, as the junk on your computer will absolutely get in the way of FS...which does use a lot of computer resource.Also, I suggest having a look at Computer Pilot website. I subscribe and a lot of the info I am suggesting for fixes has come from the mag. There may be a way you can search and get the specific instructions for some of the tweaks I suggested; I will go back through my articles and if I find something interesting, I will post it somewhere and reference it here.Good luck and Best to all,Dave Lamb

Guest Knikolaes

>Christopher:>>Well perhaps it would help if you were given an honest>'critique' of the said videos before submitting them for>school. I do wish you the best of luck on school and I am only>trying to help here and I would hardly give you a bad review>because I enjoy watching aircraft videos of any quality. I>actually made a couple and then realized I could narrate.(SP!)> Right in the middle of the 'narration' my lovely wife(bless>her heart)interupted the process for something 'important' and>I ruined the video. Such is the life of a flight simmer. I had>to ask her if she really thought she held more importance than>my flying. Lol.>>Best Regards>>Rick(inept but learning pilot) 777,747,737,727,767 and A340.I sense a divorce lawyer in thy future, my son . .. . **laughs**Just kidding.Well, I'll have to upload some of these then for folks to enjoy as soon as I get my FS computer back. I kinda broke apart off the motherboard today whilst adding a larger heatsink to the Northbridge :-P Grrrrrrrrr.

Guest Knikolaes

Dave,Aye Computer Pilot rocks :-) Lots of useful stuff in there.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.