Sign in to follow this  
Lonepilot

Help in Top of Descent

Hi!This is from page 24 in the 777 FMC manual.http://simvideos2.com.sapo.pt/TOD1.JPGYesterday I was flying at FL390 from LOWW to LPPT. The approach was set and as I was approaching the T/D symbol I reset the MCP altitude to 6000. I passed T/D but the plane did not start an automatic descent, just remained at 390. So I had to push the altitude button and then she begun the descent. Nedless to say that I had to switch to V/S with a steep descent and apply speedbrakes in order to track again the VNAV path.Would appreciate some help as im pretty sure the plane is not performing well.Best regards,

Pedro Lima
"The sky is the home of birds... we are just guests... guests of honor" Peter Besenyei
"...redundancy is very important in aviation; that is why airplanes have 2 wings instead of 1!" M.S.A.Q.
My videos

Hi all, I experienced a similar problem. The VNAV captured the speed reduction, but not the altitude reduction. It should have started a descent as soon as the aircraft was slowed down, but it did not...it needed a little help. I disco'd the VNAV, changed to FLCH, initiated the descent and flipped back to VNAV (which I actually didn't think I could do), and it held the descent profile all the way down to the correct point. More detail in my flight report.Thanks to all, Dave Lamb

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.