Sign in to follow this  
Guest neiljay66

creeping

Guest neiljay66

Hi I have a small problem with the 777-200LR. When engines are on, and at idle, the plane starts to creep forward and if left, will continue to build speed passing 20kts. Is this supposed to be happening? Has Anyone else experienced this?ThanksNeil

Guest NormanB

Neil,Do you have the parking brake set?

Guest neiljay66

no I don't.But I thought that if It was off(parking brake), and the engines were at idle, the aircraft wounld not move until I add some power. Or are those Ge90 engines that powerful? Neil.

Guest mulletman

well, 220000lbs of thrust, i think that they are powerful enough to move.Bit im not so sure about moving with them at idle. I have the same problem (as does every user i know) but im still to be proved that this is how it is for real.

Guest neiljay66

Why I'm asking though, is because this does not happen with the 300ER.As a matter of fact I have to give that quite a bit of throttle for it to move. Heavy or light.Neil

Guest NormanB

Neil,Check the date of the 300 ER file. It should be at least 4th April.

Guest SuperGrover

Hi Neil,The real world 777s, depending on gross weight, can get going on idle power because yes the engines are that powerful. The fact that this happens in fs9 may be a throttle calibration issue, try pressing F1 to see if this reduces n1 rotational speed.Matthew.

Guest neiljay66

My issue is not with the 300ER though Norman. I was just wondering if the 200Lr moves when at engine idle... as the 300ER doesn't. All my air files are April 2nd.Neil.

Hi Neil,Forward "creep" with the 777 is dependent on several factors:Surface typeHow heavily you are loadedHow much flap is deployedFS is not perfect in the ground drag department. If you are lightly loaded the 777 will (correctly) have a tendency to creep at idle thrust. With heavier loads you need a bit more power to get you moving. Unfortunately flaps have an exaggerated effect on ground drag in FS9, but it's not too bad. Kind Regards,Rob Young

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.