Sign in to follow this  
markadeane

Downloader doesn't resume interrupted d/l

Hi Guys,Trying to download the update and I'm running into a problem, I think...Being on dialup the d/l does take a while, over the weekend I made three attempts to get the update due to one unexplained interrupt and a flatmate who needed the phone at one point. The thing is, I thought the downloader tool was supposed to resume the download if it is interrupted accidentally or deliberately? In each case when I restarted the downloader it started the whole thing again instead of identifying the already received files. In one case I had downloaded all but the last file and yet it still started from the beginning.Am I doing something wrong, or is the downloader not actually designed to resume an interrupted d/l?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>Am I doing something wrong, or is the downloader not actually>designed to resume an interrupted d/l?Mark,The Installer is supposed to resume but as a user I could never get it to do so. These days I write the script to install the 777 and whilst the commercial package we use says it will, the sad reality is I havent been able to make it successfully resume.

OK Norman that's fine, basically I just needed to know whether I could count on it to work or not, if not then I'll find a way around it, hiding the phone from flatmates and keeping a vigil on the computer might help.Looking forward to trying the patched version!

Sign in to follow this