Sign in to follow this  
KJConlon

GF Hardware questions

I have the GF46 and RP8 and have an issue. When I load the T7 in the cold & dark, connect external power (or even start the APU) I have no display on either GF unit until after I start one of the main engines. Am I the only one seeing this?ThanksKevindca-iad_sr_767-2.png

-.- . ...- .. -.
Kevin Conlon
Pharmacist, Pilot and Parrot Head

I9-9900K  4.9GHz | RTX 2080 TI FE | 27" Asus Monitors x 3| MSI Z370 | Crucial M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x 2 | Toshiba HDD 2TB | WDC HDD 2TB | 32 GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10

Guest iandavid

I have the same with GF45's and Gf166's. Sometimes I get a set of conditions where the displays go out never to come back during the flight, but I haven't figured out why yet.Paul Gardner

This is a typical situation demonstarting a loss of battery and is linked with your default Cessna FS9 start situation. I have a full GoFlight setup and everything works perfectly.Make sure that either you have your batteries ON with the default Cessna, or (like in my case) switch it on with your GoFlight hardware.

Guest iandavid

Strange because in FSUIPC the battery is set to unlimited life.Also my default Cessna start up is with battery on and engine running???? Only happens with the PSS777Paul Gardner

Paul,This is a result of a battery out or generators not connected. I had a similar problem with the PSS A320 until I discovered that my generators, although properly set on my overhead panel, were not connected unless I used the FS9 command to do so.Contrary to the general recommandation, I start (for all my addon planes) Cold and Dark with everything OFF on my default FS9 Cessna, and all planes work without exception. I have a switch on my GF hardware for batteries and another for avionics, but I removed the generators switches as I could never make them work properly and they were giving me the exact same result as the one you mention, i.e. loss of power on my avionics. Since I did this, I never had the problem any more.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.