Sign in to follow this  
Guest noflyzone

fs2004 hangs after MOD RTE in FMC

Guest noflyzone

Gents,I'm having trouble with PSS-777 2004 downloaded latest version fresh install 1.1 (patch).here is my flight plan: (HKJK-HKMO)HKJK.IMSAN.GITNO.CD21.MOV.RW21I enter the flight plan which works fine. However, when I try to change the speed/alt restrictions from the default, I can enter one or two fixes, then the FMC freezes, i can't enter anything anymore and have to Ctrl-Alt-Delete and kill the FS2004 Process. I get "Not Responding". I've tried entering the flight plan from scratch. Note, this occurs on a Saved FS2004 flight. Although I have tried a new flight and the same result occurs.Any tips? To me, this is a Key part of the program accuracy I trust should work :)Also, on the DEP/ARR page, for ARR, i don't see a Runway Extension option to enter. Does this exist ?cheers~mike

Re: FMC freezing FS9...others reporting as well. We must wait and see if the team is working on a fix.Eric

Eric 

Guest noflyzone

Gents,Well right now i'm not a very happy camper.I purchased the 777 just a few days ago due to the statement which claims:"This patch addresses all faults reported in the initial release and should bring your 777 right up to the professional levels we are renowned for."Now I feel that being unable to modify the LEGS speed/alt restrictions is a critical part of the package. It's not a small oversight which I can live with.It would be nice if support guys commented on this issue as to how it is being addressed.Having said that, I also have purchased the Airbus package last year and am pleased with it, so I'm not going to be completely biased.I really hope this gets resolved soon because seeing that PSS will not refund the software, I will be very hesitant in the future to purchase based simply on the website marketing statements.~mike

I own also the PSS 777, and i'm bumping again exactly the same issue.

As soon as you add more than 2 speed or altitude constraints in the FMC, FS2004 hangs.

No CTD, no OOM, simply its frozen.

I have both SP1 + SP2 installed, and i'm still faced with this annoying issue. I ask myself, if after so many years, there is a fix for this or still not...

Does anyone know anything that can be done? Please share if possible. Thanks!

I own also the PSS 777, and i'm bumping again exactly the same issue.

As soon as you add more than 2 speed or altitude constraints in the FMC, FS2004 hangs.

No CTD, no OOM, simply its frozen.

I have both SP1 + SP2 installed, and i'm still faced with this annoying issue. I ask myself, if after so many years, there is a fix for this or still not...

Does anyone know anything that can be done? Please share if possible. Thanks!

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.