Sign in to follow this  
Guest steveat27

Still some serious issues with this T7 :/

Guest steveat27

Ok, where to begin. I gave it sometime and finally you put the patch out. Heck, I had even reformatted my HD and reinstalled everything prior to this. So, I take the version 1 up and it did better than before but still had a few issues, but the patch was gonna make it all better, right? Well it almost did.The autothrottle still will not hold 250 or even close while under 10k. Just totally ignores the speed transition and shoots for the regular CLB2 speed I have set. I am flying up to 10k by hand while this is happening and yes I am keeping a steady pitch, it just still ingnores the below 10k trans. I have tried everything to keep it around 250 and nothing has worked.Also, it likes to set its own CRZ altitude regardless of what I put into my INIT PREF page. I set FL330 it changes all of my crz legs to FL410. So I go to change em and what do you know I get a freeze up. This is purely ridiculous. On this though, I think it may be related to Active Sky as it hangs that up too, so you may want to look into that. The VNAV likes to climb at insane rates still, say around 6000fpm sometimes and is anything but steady. How you have experienced none of this is beyond me. I haven't ever had serious issues this drastic with other payware. On the lighter side if these things were fixed this could potentially be a great aircraft for me. Sad enough, it appears that it may never happen, cause I probably won't be around in three years when patch 1.2 comes out.Stephen

Guest Phoenix5

Hello Stephen, "...The VNAV likes to climb at insane rates still, say around 6000fpm sometimes and is anything but steady..." Do you use a derated climb (and take off) these are VERY powerful engines, just like the real ones."...The autothrottle still will not hold 250 or even close while under 10k..." Are you checking/setting the 250/10000 restriction in the VNAV page, and using the derated climb with lighter loads?"...Also, it likes to set its own CRZ altitude regardless of what I put into my INIT PREF page. I set FL330 it changes all of my crz legs to FL410. So I go to change em and what do you know I get a freeze up. This is purely ridiculous. On this though, I think it may be related to Active Sky as it hangs that up too, so you may want to look into that..." We have tested with all versions of AVCTIVESKY 6... including beta version not released to the public. None of the testers have reported altitude changes... maybe you have missed a step along the way?

StephenYou may want to read my last post on the topic of "FPS Problems after patch". Reformating your HD and reinstalling was a draconian step. Of course, I've done it too (not because of the PSS aircraft), but with somewhat different results. You might find some of what is in that post (and others on that subject useful).There are a few minor bugs yet in the PSS777. Very few. A lot of it has to do with the operation of the aircraft. Please don't take this as a criticism of your flying skills...the PSS folks are right: The GE90 at full TO thrust and climb--if you don't have a full payload and a lot of fuel will climb like a rocket. Derated takeoffs are generally the norm unless you are very near MTOW or weather conditions are crap. Mind you, my experience with the bird is going to be different than yours because we have different computers with different configurations, etc.The patch solved a lot of problems and now that you've reformatted and reloaded everything...well, read the posts and you'll see what I'm referring to.Good luckDave Lamb

Guest steveat27

Well, first, I do use a derated climb. I have used TO1/CLB1 and TO2/CLB2. I can tell the difference between these and understand the power of the engines.I have set the 250/10000 restriction and it has the speed bug set which it blow right past on its way to 300+ KIAS. Shouldn't the speed transition already take care of that. Anyway I set the restriction and that wasn't it, ohh with derated climb also.What I meant was Active Sky may have involved the hangup not the changing of the FL. The altitude changes are real. I set the route, activate it. Fill in the INIT PREF page and THR LIM, then set up the TAKEOFF pages, come back and reselect my V1, VR, V2 at then go back to my route, sure enough FL410 for CRZ legs instead of 330. Now does the FMC choose a FL based on the weight cause this is a lighter load? Cause it shouldn't do this at all. This is when I tried correcting it and it froze on me, I think AS was writing to the stations at the time.If these things would work, this can be an enjoyable plane. As I have gotten it to autoland decently twice now and has flown reasonably well considering the VNAVs slightly unsmooth climb and descent rates.StephenAfter more testing, cause I thought the FL problem was due to loading the save route, it is continually doing the FL change and as I try to fix the legs page for the correct FL it freezes everytime now. This should not happen, period. This was suppose to be fixed in the patch but it has not. AS was not writing to the stations and this is purley in your FMC. Why it decided to start doing this is beyond me but hard to work on the other issues when I can't even get off the ground. Why does it not take FL330?

Guest steveat27

Dave,I did not reload my comp for the purpose of the T7. That may have come out wrong. It had been about 1.5 yrs since I had loaded it up and there were many other issues. While I did have FPS problems at first, I reset a all of the Panel Setup refresh rates and seems to have fixed the issue.I also understand the derated thrust. See other post.Stephen

Programmed thrust derate alone is not going to be enough when climbing at a light gross weight. The derates are intended to provide a known performance benchmark for takeoff and obstacle climb performance with reduced thrust. But a lightweight jet, even at max derate, is still going to perform beyond the comfort limits of the pax.The solution, as in the real world, is to climb using managed climb at a reduced VS...my r/w rule of thumb is that anything above about 3000 fpm starts getting uncomfortable in back. You can go back to open climb in the low to mid 20s when the excess thrust margins are reduced.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Hi Stephen,You have to bear in mind that the GE90 engines powering the new variants of the 777 are rated at 110,000lbs of Thrust each. Even if CLB2 is pre-selected prior to take off, at light weights, the aircraft is going to climb very rapidly, especially when VNAV is engaged in order to fly the optimum climb profile directed by the FMC. I would suggest that you follow Bob's advice above and use either FLCH or V/S mode to control the climb. Out of the two, I would recommend using V/S mode. You can then dial a suitable V/S into the MCP that is healthy yet more comfortable for both you and your virtual passengers.Regards,Lee.

I am glad I ran into this post. I did a flight and at clb2 I was doing 4700fpm. I was shocked at that. I was even heavy so I thought I was doing something wrong or the T7 had an afterburner :) Anyway I definitely need to start experimenting with different weights and assumed temps much as I did with the 767.

Duh...I had just hopped over from the PSS Scarebus forum when I posted that last one, so still had 'bus on the brain. Managed climb is a 'bus thing...you want to use V/S climb in a 777. FLCH climb is a max power climb which sets climb power and flies the manually selected IAS/Mach...exactly what you do not want to use if the intent is to limit climb performance.The potential gotcha is that you have to watch the airspeed...the V/S mode will try to hold the selected climb rate at the expense of airspeed, so if you have a V/S selected that exceeds the climb capability of the jet at the selected airspeed, it'll push the power up as far as it can, then start hauling the nose up and sacrificing airspeed for climb rate until bad things start to happen.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

No truer words were said. The V/S function has no reference whatever to speed...it merely climbs at the fpm you set. It does its best to provide power to fit in with this, but V/S is in effect a manual mode...the pilot is responsible for the rate of climb.Kind Regards,Rob Young

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Guest steveat27

Well, I have found your problem area for the freezing of the FMC. As to why it sets its own FL is beyond me. It freezes whenever you go to set the last CRZ level LSK to change to the proper altitude. I think your FMC starts trying to calculate the descent and it locks up at that point. This should not happen for any reason but this is what is going on. Ohh, this time was on your tutorial flight, and I followed it word for word and it still switched FLs on me from 330 to 370. I am managing with the speed issue now but it is still a bit outrageous and climbs rather fast but it can work to some extent. This switching of FLs should have been notice by someone and so should the freezing up part.Stephen

>This switching of FLs should have been notice by>someone and so should the freezing up part.Well, if the PSS beta had a couple thousand testers in the group like MS uses for its major releases I might agree with you. But given that the entire user base for this add-on is probably smaller than the number of beta testers on a large commercial release, all possible bugs won't appear unless you want PSS to run the beta for a few years years before release.FWIW, I've never seen this FL switching phenomena you're reporting here. And I've never had a freeze-up either. That could be explained by hardware config, user technique, other add-ons in use...the number of possible permutations is mind-boggling.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

Guest aarskringspier

>>This switching of FLs should have been notice by>>someone and so should the freezing up part.>>Well, if the PSS beta had a couple thousand testers in the>group like MS uses for its major releases I might agree with>you. But given that the entire user base for this add-on is>probably smaller than the number of beta testers on a large>commercial release, all possible bugs won't appear unless you>want PSS to run the beta for a few years years before>release.>>FWIW, I've never seen this FL switching phenomena you're>reporting here. And I've never had a freeze-up either. That>could be explained by hardware config, user technique, other>add-ons in use...the number of possible permutations is>mind-boggling.>>Regards>>Bob Scott>ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300>Santiago de ChileIve got a mind boggling simple possibility; its a bug because I can reproduice it every single time as many others can. And the number of testers BS is just that BS. 5 months and still junk.

I've personally not had a freeze up either with the T7.The T7 is in a far better position than she was 5 Months ago. Rob has done an excellent job with the Dynamics, the frame rates are better than they where.Can you clarify on "Junk" please Randy, I just want to know what problems you are having and I will try to re-create them myself.I have had a few e-mails for Piltos at my VA asking me to test out situations for them, which I intened to do tomorrow to see if anything needs to be fixed, so if you could clarify the problems you are having, and what you are doing it would help, instead of just saying its Junk, nobody can help if you don't explain whats wrong. (I may have missed it elsewhere in the Forum, if so, a link would be nice)You can post briefly here the problems, or send me an e-mail at the address below in detail, and I will look into it and report back as nessicary.Cheers

>Well, I have found your problem area for the freezing of the>FMC. It freezes whenever you go to set the last CRZ level LSK to change to the proper altitude. It happens mainly when editing waypoints close in to the field form what most users are sayingshould have been notice by someone and so should the freezing up part.I am pretty sure it hasEric

Eric 

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.