Sign in to follow this  
Guest steveat27

Still some serious issues with this T7 :/

Good postings Bob. What I found was using V/S up to around FL180 or so and then VNAV from there on up will give good results. If you use VNAV from 400' AGL on up...your on a rocket ride the cattle in the back won't appreciate!Eric

Eric 

>Ive got a mind boggling simple possibility; its a bug because>I can reproduice it every single time as many others can. And>the number of testers BS is just that BS. 5 months and still>junk.You know Randy, nobody's saying there's not a bug or bugs there. Just that it's not possible with a small beta team and small user base to find them all in a short period of time. I've got several hundred hours on the panel without seeing what you're reporting. That doesn't mean it's not there...just that my set of circumstances didn't bring it out. Clearly, you hadn't chanced across these bugs yourself when you wrote this in the PSS forum in November after the first release:(from http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ng_type=search)>Freakin awsome. Did a short flight from LAS to SFO just to check it >out and all I can say is awewsome. I will definitley, definitley >recommend this aircraft to anyone interested in sophisticated >airliner simulation. Awesome, cant say it enough so glad I pre->ordered.>Great job fellas.>Randy SwoffordI presume you liked it then, as you were so excited you "definitley, definitley" (sic) found three different ways to spell the word "awesome" in one paragraph... But then perhaps you routinely recommend "junk" to all your buds???Anyway, if you can "reproduice" the bug (along with many others), maybe you or one of the nameless faceless "many" could send the "reproduice-able" specifics over to the PSS boys and they can "definitley, definitley" look at it. A mind boggling simple solution, yes??RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de ChileP.S. Spellchackers only work if you use them... :-lol

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Great post, Bob!Peter Sydney Australia

Way to go, Bob!!! :-lol :-lol :-lol Alex

Guest Segwin

>I've personally not had a freeze up either with the T7.>>The T7 is in a far better position than she was 5 Months ago.>Rob has done an excellent job with the Dynamics, the frame>rates are better than they where.>>Can you clarify on "Junk" please Randy, I just want to know>what problems you are having and I will try to re-create them>myself.>>I have had a few e-mails for Piltos at my VA asking me to test>out situations for them, which I intened to do tomorrow to see>if anything needs to be fixed, so if you could clarify the>problems you are having, and what you are doing it would help,>instead of just saying its Junk, nobody can help if you don't>explain whats wrong. (I may have missed it elsewhere in the>Forum, if so, a link would be nice)>>You can post briefly here the problems, or send me an e-mail>at the address below in detail, and I will look into it and>report back as nessicary.>>CheersHi Iain:I've had the FMC/FS9 freeze while changing speeds and alts in the legs page for crossing restrictions too. Also, for some reason it kicked up all the altitudes on the legs above those that I changed. Typically the FMC will adjust the ones above downward.Yesterday while flying from EDDF to KIAD I entered the crossing and speed restriction and it booted me out of VNAV (http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=224&topic_id=11386&mesg_id=11386&page=). It did come back on however after about an hour. Also, although I had entered 3500 in the MCP alt and at TOD VNAV would not take it down. I had to switch to VS to get her down. If they can iron out the VNAV problem it will be a nice plane indeed.

Guest adameke777

$ .02: Besides TO-1 and TO-2 derate, there is also a possibility to add assumed temperature thrust derate. You can reduce your thrust even further this way. Of course, a much easier alternative is to just say that the product does not work the way it is supposed to :-lol A.G.

If the engines are in CLB mode, whether derated or not, the only thing controlling airspeed is pitch. As you are flying manually, then it is you who are controlling airspeed, not the autothrottle. Consequently it ignores the speed you have selected in the MCP window.If you use "real world" procedures then you should climb in VNAV or FLCH modes. In both cases airspeed is controlled by pitch attitude. You could disengage the autothrottle and manually reduce thrust to achieve the desired rate of climb, but this goes against the design philosophy and is not very safe.Comparing the performance at light weight with comparable FS addons, the PSS 777 performs perfectly reasonably. Put in a realistic take off weight and you'll find the climb rate becomes more gradual.There seem to be a lot of people who are confused by the default FS aircraft, where the speed selection only controls thrust. On older autopilots this was the case. The autothrottle was intended for approach speed control only. On modern systems the speed selection will usually control pitch, sometimes thrust, but never both together. It's possible to operate the 777 autothrottle like the FS default version but hardly realistic.Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

Guest aarskringspier

Dear Bob -I know this may come as quite a shock to you but when someone has a shiny new toy to play with they get excited. After having played with that shiny new toy and found out its nothing as advertised the honeymoon wears off and wears off quickly. I understand there is always a camp with their heads planted firmly up developer "X's" rear end and thats unfortunate. When a piece of software has this many problems, takes five months for a fix and then still freezes if I manipulate the CDU it surely cant be qualified as top notch. I really couldnt care less is anyone agrees with me or not but as far as Im concerend this 777 isnt what its cracked up to be. If your keen on freezing sims and holes in you visual models then this plane is definitley for you. For me there are other developers with much, much, much nicer offerings and better support.Oh and Im very sorry for the delay in getting back in touch with you Bob, I was on vacation.Have a fantastic day!

Guest smeagol

Delete it and forget it, it is not worth wrecking your nerves.A pity that we lost the money!I will wait for the next 777, maybe the Wilco one is better.Or maybe PMDG will make one?Bye.

It'll only wreck your nerves if you become obsessed with these issues. I don't know a payware addon which doesn't have problems, even after several patches, and I have addons from all the major suppliers. You have to learn to live with the limitations and modelling errors.I doubt the Wilco 777 will be as good as PSS, it's in the dumbed down Wilcofleet product line (not PIC), like their A380. And why should PMDG invest in developing another version of the 777, when there are plenty of unique aircraft types for them to exploit. It's a lot of time and effort to expend on a market already well served. Only die-hard "PMDG only" fans would be certain to buy.I too have had FMS CDU lock ups post patch 1.1, but I've found selecting another page usually unlocks it, then you can come back to the page you were at and carry on. Not ideal, but hardly worth deleting an otherwise good sim. Also free up as much memory as you can before starting FS9, it's amazing how much is running in a PC you may not be aware of.Sometimes FS9 locks up for no reason, are you suggesting deleting that and suffering the "joys" of X-Plane?I have my own issues with the PSS 777 and its support, but overall it's worthwhile, represents good value for what was paid and I hope PSS will issue one more service update to clear the remaining snags.Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.