Guest GVViking

Clock Night Texture Problem

Guest GVViking

Me tooAsus GF6800 GTGvviking

And the same Problem here :-hmmm !!! Ralf

Intel I7-6700K@4.2GHz,ASUS GTX 1080 Strix,Samsung 4K TV  

Ralf Zimmermann

Guest Mariner

And the same problem here also!! Is anyone running with this?

Guest Mariner

Before this gets totally lost in the weeds will this be considered for the next patch? You know - the one we aren't likely to get - because the B757 has a higher, commercially driven, priority now that "the general consensus is that the T7 is satisfactory". From whom was this opinion, so conveniently, drawn? This texture problem has appeared post patch AND there is still a major issue, post patch, with changes to FMC entries causing FS to freeze. Whilst the patch has addressed and resolved many of the initial problems it has not solved this one major problem which has been a constant thread since first release and there is certainly no room for complacency. When I have the time to generate and forward examples of the numerous freezes I have experienced due to amendments to flight plan legs in the FMC then perhaps "the general consensus of satisfaction" will have a more hollow ring to it. Sadly I, too, have higher priorities in my spare time one of which is to get enjoyment from using the software I have paid for rather than spending my time generating FS freezes. There are a significant number of other products I have purchased from other developers which do not freeze FS when I use them and who have not left me with a feeling of being abandoned through commercial expediency.

Guest NormanB

Dave,A search of "the general consensus is that the T7 is satisfactory" and "the general consensus of satisfaction" shows only one match - yours. So just where did these quote come from?In regard to the texture - that one and on the main panel around the gear were reported immediately after the patch. The FMC entry freezing is currently pinned and has been for some time. As an end user you can bet I would be jumping up and down if I saw this occur every flight and whilst it doesnt lessen the value of your issue, nobody within the testing environment reported it despite many thousands of hours. It's for this reason we have asked for assistance in tracking down this elusive lockup so that it can be addressed.

When I have the floods switched on at night in the 2D cockpit, I get a problem with the clock, as you can see below:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/147040.jpgThe bottom bit gets replaced by the top of the day texture. Also, the control knobs at the bottom have been replaced the the controls at the top. This problem only occures whilst the floods are on. No problem when just the green backlighting. And on the ground when the engines are off it seems to be OK.-Phil

>Dave,>>A search of "the general consensus is that the T7 is>satisfactory" and "the general consensus of satisfaction">shows only one match - yours. Your search was not overly comprehensive then Norman. See this post by Graham Waterfieldhttp://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=11710&page=1in which he statesPSS Have another product to concentrate on now and the general concensus is that the T7 is satisfactoryNow do you understand why people are upset?--qnhwhoever you want me to be.

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Guest NormanB

I see the post now Scott. I did a search using ye olde search button on the avsim forums based on the quote. Based on your link I apologise to Dave since it simply looked like the quote was made up.Whilst Graham has said the focus is on the 757 it doesnt however mean the 777 is dead in the water. He also says that we are reviewing the 777 based on comments and I know for fact that there have been changes since the patch was released.

Guest Mariner

Thanks qnh you took the words right out of mouth.Norman, I am aware that the texture problem was reported immediately after the patch along with 4 other reports between 12 and 16 April. My concern was that one week on there was no acknowledgement by you, the developers, that the problem had been noted and would or would not be addressed.Moving on: http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho..._id=11922&page=>Dave,>Now why does that surprise me??>Because you are a cynic? In fact I would be keen to know why it >doesnt suprise me. Support simply hasn't vanished. Just because a >reply isn't instantaneous doesnt mean it hasn't been read.I am not a cynic by nature and will readily admit that I was being, perhaps unfairly, cynical but in my defence would say that sometimes we are reduced to that level if only to invoke a reaction. I do not expect instant answers, solutions or even miracles! It is not my intention to be rude, unfair or indeed unhelpful and I have in the past defended/supported PSS since the release of the T7. I also have to say that I have been appalled by some of the reaction from your customers. Also I am not unaware of how thankless a task you have and just how 'p----d off' you must all get. However when items raised go unacknowledged (the texture problem)and we read quotes such as that from your CEO, it gives rise, whether intended or not, to thoughts of commercial expediency over "loyalty" to your customer base, particularly as the FMC/FS freeze has been reported virtually since day 1, then perhaps you can see where some of us are coming from. In the meantime I will attempt to furnish you with as much information as I can with respect to the outstanding "major problem"

Guest NormanB

Dave,Miracles are something we would all love ;) Currently I have my FS setup and working through the JFK to Manchester situaltion where someone has reported a lockup. The number of hours we spend in seeking this very elusive issue I trust is testament to how serious we are in fixing the issue some are still seeing.

Update: installed, downloaded another installer, and reinstalled. Texture problem fixed :).Jim Harnes

Guest NormanB

The gauge or installers haven't changed.

Roger that. Just trying to be helpful and reporting it worked for me :)Jim Harnes

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.