Sign in to follow this  
Guest jwende

support response time

Guest jwende

PSS,do you have any specific response times or any kind of questions your are not answering at all?I mean there are questions which are receiving answers only occasionally, especially regarding the post-pach FPS issue.Difficult to understand for me - Are you planning to make the old gauge available at your website? Not saying anything causes only frustration.Kind Regards, Jens

Jens,Regarding responce times to the forum, I keep seeing the same question asked over and over, which has allready been answered, possibly the reason on why some posts have not been answerd.Regarding FPS, During the patch testing, my FPS rose with the T7, I was getting mid 20s with the 777 pre patch, since it they are now mid to low 30's.At the end of the day, FPS are determinded by many different factors, not just the aircraft, I spoke to Norman the other night, and we both said the frames where better with the patched version of the 777 to the older one, which can only mean the FPS issue is not the aircraft, otherwise we would all be suffering.I highly doubt that the old guage file will be made avalible, why? Becuase there where problems with V1 which we all know about, it would mean going back to those problems. So the TCAS wouldn't work properly, localizer capture and tracking would be poor, and many issues with the guage.I don't think people want to go back to that, I don't.I'm sure Norman or Steven will find there way here, but I'm sure they will say something similar.Cheers

Guest jwende

I truly believe the statements saying that FPS have been improved, but not in any case, that is the problem.As i bought Version 1.0 which worked and 1.1 doesn't, the only thing i am looking for is a way to get the old files back. The installer system makes life a little difficult here, otherwise i would habe re-installed the old files via installer.I perfectly understand that PSS does not support the unpatched version anymore, but i don't mind at all.Thanks, Jens

Guest Phoenix5

Hello Jens,Response times will vary from time to time. I live in Australia, other team members live in other parts of the world allowing us to have an almost 24 hour support service, so normally there is only a few hours before a post is answered, some times it can be answered sooner. The majority of posts that "appear" to go unanswered have been answered, usually more than once, elsewhere on the forums. Although there are occassions when high numbers of posts will mean that one does slip past us.The FPS issue is something that will vary from person to person, computer to computer. Nothing was added to the code to slow down frame rates. I suggest that you experiment with the settings and find a good compromise for your system. Norman and I have, and still continue to discuss frame rates and what we can do to help those effected.Your final question re the "old" gauge. We can not host that as a downloadable file, as Norman has said we can not offer support for it as it ties in very closely with the new FDE. I would suggest that if you are that keen to have it, an email to Norman explaining why you want it, and that you are aware of the non support issue, he MAY make a copy available to you. (no promises).regards,

Guest jwende

Steven and PSS,thanks for your reply -As said, the only thing changed on my PC is the patch installtion with the effects described. Means, it somehow belongs to the patch. Believe it or not !I work for an IT consulting company for some years now and i really do not consider myself as beginner, therefore i think i am capabable enought to judge this kind of issues in the overall context.Better i close here before getting harsh -Kind Regards, Jens

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.