Sign in to follow this  
Arklight1

Anybody buy the LAGO Tornado yet?????????

If so how is it????I LOVE THE TORNADO! And I am seriously thinking aout buying it. Only now I have to convince my wife to let me buy it after just buying the SF.260!!!LOLShane

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

bump!Shane

Ark

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Well, I ordered it earlier today, but the e-mail containing the key hasn't come yet, and it's been almost six hours. After I entered the billing information and the order was processed, there was a confirmation page, but some fine print said that the processing application couldn't contact LAGO's servers. Grrrrr... I want my TORNADO! BAH!Had the day off, too.

I love the tornado as well. Im especially interested in how well the supposed terrain following radar works. If that works...Im buying it. If it doesnt...I wont. 25 Euros is a lot of money. The paint skins didnt look that great. I also didnt see any weapons packs on the FS2002 bird. At least for decorative value. Last couple of Lago things I've seen didnt look that great. So Im waiting to see how this one turns out...and wanting and hoping its great.Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

bump...anyone else have it and care to comment?

Hello all! Original starter of the thread here! LOLWell, I bought the Tornado and it is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!The aircraft DO have weapons loadouts, but only 2 variations. The IDS version has 2 drop tanks, 2 Sidewinders, and 4 laser-guided bombs. The other version, the ECR (I think that's the designation!) Has 2 drop tanks, 2 Sidewinders, and 2 HARM missles. I spoke with Mathijs over in the LAGO forums and he said they shouldn't have any trouble doing more loadouts. From what I have read (an assumption here) it looks like the Hunter JP-233 Dispenser and the MW-1 Mine Dispenser may show up sooner or later (I'm keeping my fingers crossed!).I haven't spent any time with the TFR (Terrain Following Radar) yet as I have been having to much fun hand flying. That is one of the great parts of the LAGO Tornado, its controls are smooth as silk and it is just plain FUN to fly!!!!! The mid-air refueling is awesome, but definately takes practice. Don't expect to hop in, fly up to altitude, refuel, and go on about your business. You will more then likely run out of fuel your first few tries ;)The visual model is excellent! I have only found a few TINY problems and have already made LAGO aware of them through email with pics to Mathijs. Want to see great? Take her up at night and hit the afterburner! The afterburner effect is the BEST I have EVER seen in a flight sim period. Land your Tornado, open up the canopy and the Pilot/WSO disconnect their oxygen masks! The animation on the wing-sweep, flaps, and gear is all very smooth.The sound is great! Although the sound inside of the cockpit is a little to quiet. In defense of LAGO on this, I spoke to my cousin who was an A-6E pilot and he told me when you have the helmet on and the canopy closed it is practically silent anyways, so I'm not sure the "in-cockpit noise" is too far off as far as realism goes. The exterior sound is very nice! Push the throttles to the firewall and you can hear the muffled boom of the afterburner engage. Gear retraction/extension, wing-sweep, etc.. is all very well done. Overall, I am VERY pleased with the sound package.The 2D panel is good. It serves its purpose, but don't expect to have the detail of PIC or the DF737, LOL. You'll only have to fly the Tornado once and you will find yourself flying from the VC, which IMHO is what this aircraft is meant for. There is a HUD with all the visual ques. However, I find some of the values a little tough to read. There are a few panel bugs with the HSI and Mach gauge but LAGO stated that these problems have been noted and are being looked at.One of the best parts of the Tornado has been the support by the people over at LAGO. They have been very helpful and very responsive to the customer reports of bugs and/or suggestions pertaining to this product and I have the utmost faith in them that the problems that do currently exist will be addressed.Hope this helps some of you guys out!If you have any other questions ask away!!!!!!!!!!:)Shane

Ark

Guest jason2112

I can support your oppinion :) I just bought the Tornado yesterday and did not have much time to fly yet, but graphics are great, FPS as well on my mediocre system, and it handles like a dream. Perfect balance between quick reaction and stable control. Great they got Rob Young (of SF.260 fame) to do the flight dynamics. LAGO support is great, and this time they've got a great bird that only needs very little tweaking (Twotter was something different, I'm still disappointed by that one).Funny thing: After the first positive reactions on the LAGO support board without any criticism, Mathijs (LAGO's interface to the world ;)) practically begged for error reports or things they could improve! There are some minor issues like a misbehaving HSI OBS and small painting errors at high resolutions, but that's it. So LAGO's second plane for FS2002 seems to be a winner, and everybody's hot for their upcoming F16 now.Just my 2c (EUR),VOlker :]

LOL Jason. Yeah the error thing was funny....Mathijs: Anybody have any errors yet???Mathijs:......anybody????LOLShane

Ark

Guest LonelyplanetXO

I also endorse the views here. I was a beta tester for the product, but I don't work for Lago on a paid basis so if I have reservations; I'd say so! The visual model, handling, sound & overall feel are the best I've come across in a military aircraft for FS2002. It's a very solid, credible model. The terrain following radar is ok for a first attempt although very limited in it's applications - as is stated in the readme. What is truly amazing is the air to air refuelling module. That alone is worth the price. As a stand alone module, it's compatible with any FS aircraft so you can drag out your Rafale, F14/16/18 or whatever, & go get gassed up! Easy? No way! It takes a fair bit of practice just to fly in formation with the tanker(s - theres two available with two choices of refuelling system) and taking on fuel is a challenge! It adds a whole new dimension to FS. I was really impressed.Further, as a paying customer for Emma Field, I found Lago's support to be first rate and the company very credible indeed (which is part of why I volunteered to beta test the Tornado). The Tornado's not perfect - as stated above there are a few bugs which need ironing out, but Lago have made it clear that they want feedback and will be improving the product on an ongoing basis. That's service!LonelyplanetXO

Guest eko

Mathijs is a smart, smart man. :-)LAGO is well known for it's impeccable product and customer support, so anything you buy from them, even if it doesn't hit the mark right off the bat (like the Twotter), will get fixed, and Mathijs will do everything in his power to make it right. There is never a concern there. Rob Young has done the flight dynamics? That is probably the single biggest reason to buy the package. When you hire one of the best flight dynamics gurus around, the results are bound to be spectacular.Like I said, Mathijs is a smart, smart man. I am sure they will sell many copies of this. :-)

Bump!So the guys with the questions above can see the responses.:)Shane

Ark

>I love the tornado as well. Im especially interested in how >well the supposed terrain following radar works. If thatThe TFR doesn't work that great. I's fine over relatively flat terrain, but it seemed slow to react to modest hills. In Lagos defence, they had already acknowledged this.>lot of money. The paint skins didnt look that great. I >also didnt see any weapons packs on the FS2002 bird. At >least for decorative value. I think the paints are great. Visually, the model is superb. The in-flight-refueling is pretty cool, although it took all night for me to get it right. You can edit the .cfg file to make it easier. Overall, I'm happy with the purchase.

>Funny thing: After the first positive reactions on the LAGO >support board without any criticism, Mathijs (LAGO's >interface to the world ;)) practically begged for error >reports or things they could improve! There are some minor >issues like a misbehaving HSI OBS and small painting errors >at high resolutions, but that's it. So LAGO's second plane >for FS2002 seems to be a winner, and everybody's hot for >their upcoming F16 now. As we had the crew sitting here getting drunk while they could be fixing stuff I also like to get the bug reports in as soon as possible :-) Now it took too long and the staff was signing dirty songs before we could do any work.No serious, we strongly believe that distributing products online is a combined effort of the company and the customer. We always change our products as soon as they are online. Not only to solve the inevitable bugs but alse because we never know in all detail what the customers want. For example in the Tornado we made the internal sounds as loud as the pilot hears them through his headset. Obviously customers like to hear them louder so we change that.A few comments on other messages I found on the forum:The screenshots on our product page are indeed not very good, they will be exchanged this morning. We were planning to do that Friday but time was lacking. There is a complete press pack (1.4 Mb) with screenshots, wav files and even a short avi available at this link:http:www.lagoonline.netfilesPRimagesTORTornado! Presskit.zipNow the Terrain Following System that somebody said does not work. Well it does, within certain limits set by FS. I just flew halfway across Germany at 500 feet and only had to manually correct the system three times. I could do this with speed up to Mac 1.1 in certain areas. But there are two major 'issues':-For starters, FS can not always report the altitude of the terrain correct. Any addon mesh is not able to gtive information to the Radar Altimeter. -Then there is the standard FS AP, it is very slow in starting any vertical movement because it is a system build for airliners and not fighters.-We can only look beneath the aircraft, not in front. We looked at inserting altitiude data into the gauges but that is impractible, seeing that for the UK alone the file would be 37Mb.But given those limitations it works. And it is loads of fun to see a hill looming up in front of you that seems to grow and grow. You stare at the vertical speed meter waiting for it to start moving. In the end you scream over the top of the hill with just feet to spare, left hand hoovering over the [Z] key and the right hand, white knucled on the stick while ##### Betty yells PULLUP PULLUP... Flightsim does not get much better for me personally:-)Mathijs