Sign in to follow this  
jc_150

How to display GPS map

i there. If you mean the general fs9 map, then you can assign a keyboard key for it. go to Options, Controls, Assignments. Then scroll down to Display/Hide map. Then press Change assignment, then choose a letter on the keyboard that you dont use, press it then hit ok, and evey press of that key will bring up the fs9 map.But if you meant how to bring up the gps unit in a window, then I do not know because there is no icon for it and shift 3 is used for something else on the boeing 777.regardsJohn Calleja

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Guest NormanB

The GPS is a default FS gauge. To add it you would need to add the relevant sections into panel.cfg

The PSS T7 comes with something better...an FMC.Eric

Eric 

Guest divettri

I would also like to see the GPS pop-up window as it gives you info regarding you global position at any point in time. Is it possible to add this to PSS 777?

Guest dave67
http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/forum_images/fdc_beta.jpg]http://www.jdtllc.com/images/rcv4bannersupporter.jpg]"Always sit at the rear of an aircraft,because they always find the Black Boxes"Hi,If anyone still wants to add the std fs gps500 moving map to your panel contact me on the following e-mail address,and i will send you a copy of my panel.cfg as i already have it installed.Regards Davedavid.leesley@btopenworld.com

Guest thedoggg

The real 777 doesn't have a separate GPS. It is built into the FMS. but I can see how a pilot might have a handheld unit as a backup of sorts. Don't know about regulations on this however.

I use it also, just to have a map. Make the following modifications to the panel.cfg :Window TitlesWindow00=Main PanelWindow01=Main Panel ZOOMWindow02=Centre PedestalWindow03=Display Select PanelWindow04=FMCWindow05=RadiosWindow06=ClockWindow07=SetupWindow08=Outboard display pop-upWindow09=Inboard display pop-upWindow10=Upper center display pop-upWindow11=Lower center display pop-upWindow12=Panel switcherWindow13=FSWXR2100 Window14=GPS 800,50,50gauge06=PSS-B777!Autopilot, 878,507,1170,363gauge07=PSS-B777!LeftBottom, 0,1415,1018,121gauge08=PSS-B777!Gear, 1753, 869, 295, 667gauge09=PSS-B777!Standby, 1018, 869, 233, 667gauge10=PSS-B777!Glareshield, 0, 507, 498, 362gauge11=PSS-B777!Post, 1376, 0, 481, 510gauge12=SimIcons!GPS Icon, 0,840 <--------add this lineWindow14 <----------------add this windowsize_mm=456,378window_size=0.5position=8BACKGROUND_COLOR=0,0,0VISIBLE=0ident=GPS_PANELgauge00=fs9gps!gps_500, 0,0-------------------------The GPS icon will appear at the upper-left of the PFD.Guy

Guy,I tried the modifications but the icon does not show up.Do I have to copy the guage icon somewhere.Any idea why it would not show up?Greg

Greg Clark

Guest NormanB

Make sure its the panel.cfg in FSIDRAircraftPSSB77704panel that you are editting.

Did you add the gauge12 in Window00?Did you modify the right panel as Norman indicated?There is nothing else to modify.The icon must be there.It is placed about 1 cm above the PFD on the absolute left and is very small.Guy

I have changed the gauge12 now like this:gauge12=SimIcons!GPS Icon, 40,780,25,25 <------------The icon is bigger now, is situated still over the PFD but a bit higher and more to the right and it stays there when you use the Zoom panel (as the zoom is an overlay of the main panel)Guy

Friend only a black square appears in the panel. What I can do to correct? Thanks mini-fs92006-05-2017-06-52-25.jpg

Guest skybo120

>I would also like to see the GPS pop-up window as it gives>you info regarding you global position at any point in time.>Is it possible to add this to PSS 777?The 777 will do exactly the same thing. In fact better. If you go to the Position Report Page on the CDU, at the bottom right I believe, there is a function called something like "Pos Ref." If you open up that page it will show your actual lat long etc. If your looking for more of a pictoral view rather than lat long, than the ND screen is your best bet. It can show exactly the same as the MS GPS. If you turn on all the functions, it can show airports(in the real a/c, these are filtered to show only airports the 777 can land at), waypoints, vors, etc. Im curious about your reasoning behind wanting to see the MS GPS instead.Brian

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.