Sign in to follow this  
Guest rennman

777 patch question

Guest rennman

does the patch allow the landing and taxi lights to work without having to modify the default flight?

Guest Phoenix 1

dont follow sorry .. landing and taxi lights always worked, there are switches on the overhead

Guest rennman

when i first got the 777 the taxi and landing lights did not go on....i was told by pss that my default flight must have the master switch on for the 777 lights to work....this was no solution because having the master switch on in my default flight causes some things to already be on when i start my flight....defeating the cold and dark scenario...

Guest rennman

check this post by rennman "777 no landing or taxi lights"

Guest Knikolaes

>flight....defeating the cold and dark scenario...In the setup, if you tell the config screen to start cold and dark, then restart your sim, the T7 will be cold and dark every single time until you tel it otherwise. My default flight is precisely as Microsoft ships it and my T7 is still set up to start cold/dark every time.Do you have your setup screen set to start the T7 cold and dark?

Guest rennman

the problem with setting the deault flight master switch to on ...is not that the 777 has stuff on when i start....but ALL of my other aircraft do....do the lights now work with the default flight having everything off...including the master switch

Guest rennman

do the lights now work with the>default flight having everything off...including the master>switchi am very interested in answering this question...can someone please tell me ?...

Guest NormanB

Renman,We can only legislate for our aircraft. The solution given is the correct way.

Guest rennman

thank you for your answer....but since i pointed out the obvious problem with your solution...you can hardly call it correct...what is the problem with making the lights work without modifying the default flight like every other aircraft?

Guest Knikolaes

>thank you for your answer....but since i pointed out the>obvious problem with your solution...you can hardly call it>correct...what is the problem with making the lights work>without modifying the default flight like every other>aircraft?i think what everyone is trying to say here, rennman (sorry i didnt catch your name before I hit "reply"), is that advanced systems simulation is on an entirely different level in itself than FS. Essentially the T7, and the obvious developers' 737s, 747, 767 and -- back to PSS - the A3xx series -- they all are simulations in themselves and only use FS for the scenery.Lights are a VERY small and eronious issue that just isn't something you can work easily with without having to modify a lot of other systems programming. The gauges in advanced sims like this depend on each other as such.I am with you in that I used to love starting everything cold/dark. However, when i started advancing my simming to include airliners, i eventually found out that it is entirely immersive in the programming essence.The develoers had to make a choice. make THEIR product realistic or make it simple and bland so as to rely entirely on FS settings. Quite frankly i think developers such as PSS, PMDG, LDS, and FT made excellent choices in their abilities to give us aircraft that are superior in the market for systems simulation compared to default level aircraft.One has to realize that these add-ons were made for enthusiests of these particular aircraft, who plan to put a lot of hours into these aircraft alone.Now I usually do not try to compare developer products in a developer's forum, but in your case i think I can safely say that if you want what you are asking for here, you probably should have waited for the release of the FT 777. They are making it a "Fleet" product, meaning it will rely on FS default avionics, so you can have your FS set to default cold/dark and use that add-on. However, I also must say that it would be a trade-off. Both companies are aiming at entirely different markets, and if you want those options, you will most certainly be giving up the ability to have an CDU/FMC, as well as other advanced systems simulation that PSS has accomplished in this version of the T7.I am personally getting BOTH products, because both developers quite frankly rock. I use this T7 for advanced systems simulation, and will use the other T7 for those "get up and go" days when i just want to do screenshotting, filming or artwork with my graphics design.PSS did a superb job on their end. It is we, as users, that have to decide our simming habits based on what add-ons we want integrated into our simulators. With us flying add-ons like the T7, 737, 747, A3xx series, etc., the decision is actually quite easy to not have the Cessna sitting there cold/dark. I'd rather the add-on i paid good cash for function properly.Besides -- the Cessna -- well -- isn't that hard to switch the entire 2 switches off at the beginning of your flight if you want to do a cold/dark flight with a default aircraft.

Guest rennman

i greatly appreciate the time you took to explain this...although for me i'm not ready to use the T7 because of this...it makes me feel alot better that there is a very good reason why the situation is so...thanks again

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.