Sign in to follow this  
Guest noflyzone

v1 callout and thr mode and DES question

Guest noflyzone

Gents,Are there any 3rd party packages to provide the V1, Rotate callouts for 777 ?Also, on the panel, it says to right-click to engage Thrust mode.. on the real 777 aircraft, what is actual button pressed to do this? (i.e. -on the 767 it is N1 button, and on 747 i think it is THR)Also, during the descent, i notice the panel still says CRZ mode..should this not change to DES?cheers~mike

On both the real 777 and the 747-400, there is a button to the left and right side of the throttle handle. This engages TOGA once the A/T is armed. Only one button needs to be pushed if both A/T switches are armed.On the 737s, the button underneath the throttles handle and the A/T disengage is to the left of the throttle handle. On the 737, both switches must be depressed when engaging TOGA (single A/T arming switch).Procedure is to bring up the throttles to around 50%N1, stabilize, then engage the TOGA button on the throttles and push them to the firewall (slowly). The annunciators on the FMA will change and once thrust is set (around 80kts), you will get a "HOLD" annunciation on the left side of the FMA (the annunciation is a little different on the 737).best,Dave Lamb

Guest noflyzone

Dave,Thanks!cheers~mike

>>Also, during the descent, i notice the panel still says CRZ>mode..should this not change to DES?>>cheers>>~mikeif you mean the eicas display - no - it stays 'CRZ' until you extend flaps on approach, at which time it changes to 'GA'If you mean the CDU mode - if YOU initiated the descent with v/s for instance (as opposed to VNAV at TOD) then you have to go to vnav page 2 and manually change the mode to des by hitting the 'des now' lskYou could also hit 'des now' while vnav is active to tell vnav to begin descent before computed TOD.Hope this helpsregards,Markhttp://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a319/mar.../sup_banner.jpgXPHomeSP2/FS9.1/3.2HT/1024mb/X700pro256

Regards,

Mark

Guest noflyzone

Mark,Thanks!rgds~mike

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.