Sign in to follow this  
wulfgar

B777 impressions

Hi all,I have bought the 777 Professionnal from Justflight last week. I patched it to the latest version.I have used it since then for aprroximately 15 hours.My impressions are mitigate. Some features of this aircraft are really cool like :- 2D Panel very clear- 3D cockpit superb - Weather radar- FDE accurate- Electronic checklists- Situation saving ( I don't know if it was done on purpose but it is very useful when you have a freeze bug)Having that said, there are some glitches that I can not believe are still appearing after 5 months of testing. But ok,if there is a quick fix coming in the next weeks it will be ok.Here is the list:-Cold and Dark option NOT working at all: The only way to get it C&D is to load the tutorial flight scenario and then set the airport and the 777 model I want to fly.-All doors opening at the same time -FMC behaviour: in the tutorial flight, you select FL330,it gives you FL370 in the legs page.If you put FL350, it stays FL350 in the legs page. If you try to change manually all the entries, it will freeze when you do the last one before the descent.-Night textures for the clock corrupted : http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho..._id=11438&page=-Texture corruption again for the clock in daylight at resolution 1680*1050 (only in VC and for 777-300ER) symptom: black spikes on the glass.It looks like the glass is broken.(card ASUS 6600GT nvidia driver 81.98)-Last waypoint of the SID disappearing in the CDU. It switches too early to the next one (workaround use HDG SEL and re-activate LNAV when coming closer).-No TCAS info onlineI think that's all I have encountered for now.I would ask the support team if they can confirm if it will be adressed and when (just an approximation I don't want more)For the rest, I consider this plane a very good product but not yet to the level of other developpers.Thanks for the effortRegardsYves Lefevre

Guest noflyzone

Yves,I like PSS and I have their Airbus and it's a great product, but to be honest, the release of this 777 product definitely feels "rushed". I hope they can address a post-patch soon.~mike

Guest Phoenix 1

ALL Issues raised in this post are answered elsewhere .. please read the forum before posting repeat questions.. Many thanks

>ALL Issues raised in this post are answered elsewhere ..>please read the forum before posting repeat questions.. >>Many thanksMaybe i`m stupid but where do you see an answer for the Clock Night Texture Problem???Ralf

Intel I7-6700K@4.2GHz,ASUS GTX 1080 Strix,Samsung 4K TV  

Ralf Zimmermann

>ALL Issues raised in this post are answered elsewhere ..>please read the forum before posting repeat questions.. >>Many thanksExcuse me sir but with all due respect1) you are not in a position to speak like that.2) the answers provided if any ARE NOT WORKING..... (cold and dark option for ex)3)be a little more customer orientedThe B777 is still full of bugs and after 5 months this is UNACCEPTABLE.If you can not accept the truth change of jobYves lefevre

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.