Sign in to follow this  
CapnOz

Errors while trying to install

What do I do....This has happened several times.thankspeter OFailed to extract zip file. (#4, Line 55)Error extracting file.C:DOCUME~2PeterLOCALS~1Temp8446bb5fbbee509e25122b96990470eatexture.datC:DOCUME~2PeterLOCALS~1Temp8446bb5fbbee509e25122b96990470eaunpackFailed to extract zip file. (#4, Line 55)Error extracting file.C:DOCUME~2PeterLOCALS~1Temp8446bb5fbbee509e25122b96990470easound.datC:DOCUME~2PeterLOCALS~1Temp8446bb5fbbee509e25122b96990470eaunpackFailed to extract zip file. (#4, Line 55)Error extracting file.C:DOCUME~2PeterLOCALS~1Temp8446bb5fbbee509e25122b96990470eamanuals.datC:DOCUME~2PeterLOCALS~1Temp8446bb5fbbee509e25122b96990470eaunpack

Peter Osborn

Hi,If this is from the downloaded version then it sounds like an error happened during the download. If it is with the CD version then there could be other reasons. Firstly (asuming Windows XP) I would empty the temp directory by going to My Computer, right click on the C: drive and select properties. Click on the disk cleanup button. Make sure Downloaded Program Files, Temporary Internet Files and Temporary Files have a tick in the box next to them and click on OK - then click on Yes to confirm your actions. Restart your computer and start internet explorer or whatever browser you use. Go to http://www.phoenix-simulation.co.uk/ login and go to Members, My Files then B777. Hold down the Ctrl key and press the F5 key - the page will reload (this works for Internet Explorer and Firefox) - now download the Base Installer and start the install procedure.hope this helps--qnhSallyColinOscarTonyTrevor

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Thank you.However, still no luck. I think I have some issues. I have done major upgrades on the PC, having problems installing some, but not all software. Have any other ideas...thanks in advance.

Peter Osborn

still no response.....???

Peter Osborn

Guest Phoenix5

Hello Peter,Can you please email support with a brief outline of the problem, and if possible a screenshot of the installer error.thank you,

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.