Sign in to follow this  
Guest guex

I see absolutely no lights on the 777!

Dear all,I don't know why, but I see absolutely no lights on the 777.No beacon, no strobe, no nav lights, no lndg lights, nothing...Made a clean install, tried all 3 states in the setup window, day or night flying, nothing happens...Could anybody give me a "light"?PS: where is the switch for pitot heat? If I get icing in clouds, I loose the speed indication!Any help appreciatedRegardsJean-Claude

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Here are some possibilities. Are you starting FS9 with the default Cessna with engines running, before selecting the PSS T7. Are you using the overhead panel controls to turn on the lights. Is your display option hardware rendition for lights set above 5.You probably already know that the light controls are on the overhead panel.It sounds like you do not have some electrics on. I believe on this aircraft that the pitot heat is automatic. Wing and engine anti ice shouls be set to automatic on the overhead. Hope this helps.Ron

Thank You Prof for your hint.I did start with default Cessna, but cold and dark.If I switch battery and avionics on in the default flight, it works fine for the 777.The draw back is that all other ACs start with avionics on (free and payware) and this is absolutely not realistic. All other payware ACs I belong start realy cold and dark, why not PSS777?There are further bugs with lighting: cabin light flashes together with the strobe light, logo light is switched on as you turn any other light on, etc.For the pitot deice, I have found a ridiculous answer to the problem in the forum: it is said to deactivate every icing in clouds into FSUIPC...! not realistic at all IMHO.Let's wait 5+ other months for v1.2 and fly other ACs in the meantime.RegardsJean-Claude