Sign in to follow this  
Guest benhandy

3hrs in the 777 REAL simulator - Green panel night lighting question-

Guest benhandy

Hi all, Ive just been lucky enough to have flown the 777-200er simulator for 3 or so hours recently in Auckland. Amazingly the PSS 777 is very very close. However one small thing is the night lighting in the real thing is pale amber and not green at all. Is there any way to change is colour?Any questions about my ride feel free to ask. Cheers Ben

did it climb like a rocket, like how the PSS does?

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Funnily enough, when I flew in a 777 from Taiwan to Hong Kong, she climbed like a homesick angel. We climbed out of Taipei at around 5000 to 6000 fpm--qnhSolomonCorrineOliverTaraTabitha

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

and how do you know it was 5000 - 6000 fpm, were you in the cockpit?

It was a Cathay aircraft, they have their information display screens on during takeoff, the one that shows your airspeed, distance to go etc.

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Guest zeb2dog

flap 5 is the take off flap we used and it climbed normally, however when flap 20 was selected there was a strong sensation of ballooning upward...RB211's not trents. So yes it was very powerful. By the way, it was easy to fly. If you can fly pss you would feel at home in the real thing- seriously!!

There is NOT an RB211 engine choice for the 777, they have to be Trents.Cathay have Rolls-Royce Trent 895 on their 200ER and Rolls-Royce Trent 892 on the 300's, and GE90-115B on the 300ER's.Just remember 200ER and 300's engine produce ober 90,000lbs of thrust per engine, and the 300ER's produce 115,300lbs of thrust per engine, so yes, the 777 does climb like a rocket, especially if you don't de-rate!Panel lighting is a company specific option I belive, I know British Airways use the Green Backlighting, but the majority of the time, you have the panel flood light on also.Good Picture of it:- http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0659694/L/Cheers

well i just took off on a flight with 20% fuel and Gross Weight of approx 405, its amazing how short a runway this thing requires for takeoff at FLAP 15, and she shoots up like a rocket doing 6000fpm after take off.

HI Clayton,I think quite a few posts have now confirmed, several times, that the 777 climbs very well with light loadings. However with a full load I think you will find climb is not so keen and indeed you have to manage your climb to FL 310 quite carefully, unless you are using 100% power all the way (max N1 recommended is 94%).But I see you are still posting as though you simply do not believe what knowledgable people are saying. I don't know what I can do to pursuade you that the 777 climb rate is reasonably close to reality.We did have a 777 pilot on the test team who "passed" the aircraft.Kind Regards,Rob Young

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Hi, Rob, I have made several flights and I can say that finally I really like the take-off, and climbing of your FDE (dozens of test flights to learn how this ac flies); my only question is about descent. I think that needs a lot inputs (FLCH, VNAV, V/S) , to reach the altitude required for final approach, and ILS. Does the real 777fly of that way?Thanks in advance. Miquel Egea.

HI Miquel,My responsibility is the behaviour of the aircraft aerodynamically. I have no input at all into the behaviour of the detailed a/p functions, which are controlled by the FMC routines. So it is difficult for me to comment.However I do not personally see too many problems on descent. Nor have I seen any problems at all with ILS. I have flown numerous ILS captures and I do not have any problems unless there is an issue with ILS alignment within FS9.Kind Regards,Rob Young

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Guest benhandy

yes you are right.. The instructor said the thomson simulator was simulating RB211's -at the time I didn't question him. But I thought also they had to be Trent 800s....strange.

hi Robi for one minute do not dispute what you say, i have been flying the 737NG for a long time and ive just now started flying the heavier 777 and i am amazed by the power of the 777.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.