Sign in to follow this  

Virtual cockpit views under 2d views..??

Hey there, does anyone know how to disable the V/C views in order to see the 2d views correctly ?....Thanks!

In the main FS2002 cfg file there's a line "see self=1" change it to =0 and the vc views are go in the 2d cockpit. They're still there when you change to 3d virtual pit.

I think if you do the above change to the FS2002.cfg file, you will loose virtual cockpits in all aircraft, including the Landing and taxi light. I find my solution below works great...I prefer to use 2d realistic side views and here is how I do it. Step 1: Add your 2D realistic side views and make the necessary entries into the panel.cfg file etc. Go to: http://www.bahnhof.se/~classic/ and get 2D side views and add per instructions. If the instructions are not clear, to add 2d side views you need to add the following to the panel config: Note: Just make sure no other windows have the same window numbers as below. If they do, change the numbers below to some other number that will not conflict.. (Window Titles) <-------------------square bracketswindow00=window01=window02=window03=window04= -------This section below has to be added---------------------------------------------Fixed Window30=Forward Right Fixed Window31=RightFixed Window32=Rear RightFixed Window33=RearFixed Window34=Rear LeftFixed Window35=LeftFixed Window36=Forward Left (Views) <----------------square bracketsVIEW_FORWARD_WINDOWS=MAIN_PANELVIEW_FORWARD_DIR=0.0,0.0,0.0 VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_WINDOWS=30 VIEW_RIGHT_WINDOWS=31 VIEW_REAR_RIGHT_ZOOM=.75VIEW_REAR_RIGHT_WINDOWS=32 VIEW_REAR_ZOOM=.75VIEW_REAR_WINDOWS=33 VIEW_REAR_LEFT_ZOOM=.75VIEW_REAR_LEFT_WINDOWS=34 VIEW_LEFT_WINDOWS=35 VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_WINDOWS=36 VIEW_UP_WINDOWS=37VIEW_UP_DIR=-15.0, 0.0, 0.0 ---------Next look for the last window section (window xx)--------------------- (Window00) etc.... Under the last window section add this section below --------------------Last window section (windowxx)----------------------------- (Fixed Window30)file=x.bmp <----------enter bmp file name here visible=0nomenu=1render_3d_window=1window_pos=0.0,0.0window_size=1.000,1.000ident=30 (Fixed Window31)file=x.bmp <------------enter bmp file name here (etc...)visible=0nomenu=1render_3d_window=1window_pos=0.0,0.0window_size=1.000,1.000ident=31 (Fixed Window32)file=x.bmpvisible=0nomenu=1render_3d_window=1window_pos=0.0,0.0window_size=1.000,1.000ident=32 (Fixed Window33)file=x.bmpvisible=0nomenu=1render_3d_window=1window_pos=0.0,0.0window_size=1.000,1.000ident=33 (Fixed Window34)file=x.bmpvisible=0nomenu=1render_3d_window=1window_pos=0.0,0.0window_size=1.000,1.000ident=34 (Fixed Window35)file=x.bmpvisible=0nomenu=1render_3d_window=1window_pos=0.0,0.0window_size=1.000,1.000ident=35 (Fixed Window36)file=x.bmpvisible=0nomenu=1render_3d_window=1window_pos=0.0,0.0window_size=1.000,1.000ident=36---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Now it's time to reposition the V cockpit: Here are two solutions, pick one. I prefer solution#2. Solutions # 1: After the 2D side views have been added or if you don't want 2D side views, load up FS2002 with the aircraft you're going to remove/reposition the VC. Once the aircraft is loaded, switch to the virtual cockpit, and press "Shift + enter" until the VC slips completely below you. Pan left or right to make sure the VC is entirely gone. That's it, you're finished. Now when looking out the side views while in the 2D panel, you'll have just you're 2D side views. Of course, if you didn't add any 2D side views, you'll have wide a open view. Downside to this, after FS2002 is restarted, you'll have to do the same thing again. If you use this method, if you press "Shift + backspace", you can move the VC back into position. Solution #2: (more permanent) This takes a bit of time to adjust, but works great. If you do this change, your view will be clear every time you start FS2002. Open up your aircraft.cfg file and look for this section:(Views)/eyepoint=28.8,-2.2, 3.2eyepoint=35.0,0.0, 3.2 If this section is not there then add it, starting with all zeros. In this example, I commented out the original eye point view with a /.What you have to do is increase or decrease the first number until the virtual cockpit is adjusted behind your viewpoint, when sitting in the virtual cockpit. I move the cockpit back just far enough so my 2D side views are clear when looking through them. For most models, increasing the first number does the trick. The first number moves the VC forwards or backwards.The second number moves the VC left or right of center.The third number moves the VC up or down. If moving the VC back does not work, you can always move it down. I just prefer moving the virtual cockpit back.Their is one thing you have to watch out when doing this adjustment however. If your aircraft has landing/taxi lights that can be observed while in the 2D cockpit, if you move the VC to far back, you will not see the lights at night... Just beware Hope this helps