Sign in to follow this  
Brian Doney

What did the patch actually fix???

I would also appreciate some clarification here, if only for curiousity's sake at this point.What happened to a single patch to fix all issues ? After all, that was the explanation for the +-5 month wait, wasn't it ?Why did that conveniently change at the last minute to "Oh we just didn't want to hold up release anymore." ?Do you even know where you are in the patch process ? Certain items that were claimed to be fixed somehow still show in the 1.1 version.What is the current status of this product ? What is PSS doing about the issues mentioned above, and countless other issues that have been raised ?

Regards,

Brian Doney

Fixes from V1.0 to 1.1 o Autopilot coefficients tuned o Loading a previously saved flight containing an FMC route entered using airways results in blank LEGS page - fixed o Setup window - ADIRU alignment time keeps resetting to FAST - fixed o TCAS showing ghost returns - fixed o Flight Simulator Avionics Master switch is now forced ON if was OFF. o COM2 standby decimal numbers won't change - fixed o Typo on aileron trim switches fixed o Last digit on COM frequency window is clipped - fixed o Autopilot HDG SEL / TRK SEL mode holds magnetic heading or track regardless of HDG REF MAG/TRUE switch - fixed o SPEEDBRAKE ARMED and SPEEDBRAKE EXTENDED EICAS messages added o APPROACH REF page now shows the destination airport/runway. o Climb thrust limit calculation now gives higher figures. o Incorrect waypoint ETAs generated for cruise altitudes above FL390 - fixed, needs testing. o GPWS TERRAIN warnings not being silenced by TERR OVRD button - fixed o Autothrottle not always disconnecting when reverse thrust is applied - fixed o GR WT not automatically updating on PERF page - fixed o SPEEDBRAKES EXTENDED message will not be shown on ground o Thrust limit will not switch to GA at the beginning of the descent but will remain CRZ until flaps are extended during approach o Pushing TO/GA switch in-flight now engages TOGA/TOGA pitch and roll modes. If TO, TO1 or TO2 thrust limit is active, any thrust derates are removed. If CRZ thrust limit is active, it is changed to GA thrust. o Airfield elevation amber hatch on PFD altitude tape - calculations corrected o Autothrottle disconnect upon reverser activation - modified o Black rectangle behind ADIRU at night - fixedo All New FDE's by Rob Young.RE Mike post.1 - AP still engaged upon landing negating reverse thrust unless manually disengaged.Not sure what you mean there, if the AP is still on, on touchdown, it will remain engaged, until you disconnect the AP. The aircraft will not automatically select reverse thrust, you have to manually select it, but on selecting it, it will dis-engage the AT.2 - Autobrakes does not revert to disarmed with manual braking, still must be de-selected manually.The 777 uses the defualt autobrake, as Microsoft didn't program it to dis-engage on manual braking selection, there is nothing PSS can do, something for FSX maybe.3 - Maniac symphony of warning buzzers on starup and shutdown.The 777 pilots on the Beta team didn't bring up any problems that I heard RE the sounds on start-up/shutdown, so they must be near accurate, maybe a little loud. Persoanlly, I'm not in a position to tell you if they are correct or not.4 - Still no aircraft generated altitude callouts.Was never a feature of the 777, this is a carrier option in the real-world, not all 777's have automatic callouts.Cheers

Brilliant! This was the list that I was looking for! Thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to outline these. Simply Brilliant.1 - I meant AT disengage automatically upon reverse thrust application. For me it is not doing that. When I pull the throttles to R/T the AT does not disengage instead it prevents me from going into R/T. I have not experienced the fix here.2 - That's a shame. That problem is not seen on any other high-fidelity models. Not a 'dis' just an observation.3 - Upon startup or shutdown I've never heard the alarms going off since the EICAS logic doesn't arm those warning bells for startup and shutdown. They will only alarm in various flight modes when disconnected. Startup and shutdown should be a logic non-event therefore shouldn't sound warning bells. One example of the logic would be if ENG GEN is engaged APU Shut down and then ENG GEN OFF, it should not sound if ENG GEN has never been turned on in the first place with APU supplying ELEC PWR because there is no event but if there is a situation where there is only EMRG PWR / BATT (or only one GEN from the other engine supplying power to that bus then there will be a warning event. Same with ENG supplied HYD. On startup, there is no event because it has never been been turned on that warning would be armed if it is turned on and then alarm if it is turned off again with the ENG running. On shut down on the ground EICAS logic understands that the engine has been turned to OFF therefore if you then shut down the HYD pump it is a non-event. This is not what is happening now at all. I would find this hard to believe that this is a carrier option since the pilot would never know if there is a REAL problem on starup and shutdown because the bells are warning all the time! 4 - If that's a carrier option so be it also, just surprised that such a rudimentary thing is not modeled when it is has become a 'status quo' feature and even freeware panels have this. Again, not a 'dis' just an observation (like the inability to open just one door)A couple of other things that I can't get to work post patch would be:1 - Autoextend of speedbrakes upon landing even with speedbrake armed. Even with reverse thust applied they stay in the armed position and I have to extend them manually.2 - Thrust limit still stays in CRZ even with flaps extended. I've not seen the GA thrust setting displayed on the EICAS.No show stoppers.Again, thanks for taking the time for the list and Cheers!

Guest Phoenix 1

>I would also appreciate some clarification here, if only for>curiousity's sake at this point.>What happened to a single patch to fix all issues ? After all,>that was the explanation for the +-5 month wait, wasn't it ?A single patch has been released that fixed all major "bugs" in the T7 release. your statement "TO FIX ALL ISSUES" is most definiteley not what was announced or implied and is simply too open ended to be justfied as a "bug">Why did that conveniently change at the last minute to "Oh we>just didn't want to hold up release anymore." ?Nothing Changed, Just the interpretation by the reader>Do you even know where you are in the patch process ? Certain>items that were claimed to be fixed somehow still show in the>1.1 version.We know exactly where we are in the Patch process thanks. We have made it quite clear but Again Sir, with respect your comment "certain Items" does nothing to specify what you are having a particular problem with ?>What is the current status of this product ? Released, Patched and Working as advertised>What is PSS doing about the issues mentioned above, and>countless other issues that have been raised ?At this time, we are doing nothing apart from reviewing the issues raised. Some will not be considered as bugs as they are "additional features" never planned for this release. PSS Have another product to concentrate on now and the general concensus is that the T7 is satisfactoryI Apologise if this post appears blunt but, respectfully, all points have been addressed. Some will never be fully satisfied, others are more than happy. we Simply cannot please everyone all the time.

Guest Phoenix 1

That particular response from Myself simply stated Forum Policy to prevent our support staff being overworked by answering repeated question that already appear in the forum in many placesI Apologise if you found it offensive ?

Hi All:So, I've finished three trans-atlantic flights in the T7 and I am pleased with the relative smoothness and refinement of the flight model and the vast improvement of the LOC/GS/Autoland logic. Even the ETA calculations are much better (albeit always wrong because of the lack of wind page entry) but with that said...WHAT ELSE, did the patch address? I still find the following:1 - AP still engaged upon landing negating reverse thrust unless manually disengaged.2 - Autobrakes does not revert to disarmed with manual braking, still must be de-selected manually.3 - Maniac symphony of warning buzzers on starup and shutdown.4 - Still no aircraft generated altitude callouts.5 - etc.I'm still confused as to what are deliberate omissions, not addressed features, bugs, still-to-be-fixes. Would PSS like to elaborate as to what was fixed and what was not? I know the question was asked numerous times already and PSS was supposed to "get around to it" but I think that with a patch that took +-5 Month, PSS would be proud to display the list of fixes! Not to mention that it would greatly decrease the confusion between what was fixed, supposed to be fixed, never gonna be fixed, never meant to be included.Now, I'm really not trying to be a horses petute here but I've never seen a patch on the scale and length of this patch with no specific information on what it actually fixed. For me I just can't see where all of these "fixes" where implemented.

Roger that:Not sure how I would find it though. Searching for FIX or FIXES comes up with the numerous complaints on the 'FIX Page' and not BUG Fixes. Might be something worth 'pinning' at the top of the forum, no? Just a friendly suggestion that something THAT relevant deserves a spot in the sunshine?

Guest Phoenix 1

Well i'm afraid the FIX Page will remain forever a complaint Mike :)that's one Mega Addition that definiteley wont be "Fixed" in this T7(watch out for future "non specific" releases though)

Graham,Well, I guess if that's your answer, that's your answer.No sense in going 'round in circles.I guess the must frustrating thing is that most of the issues I have, and others are having as well, are small, but there's just so many of them.Things like the EXE light in the VC, the AP disco EICAS, the descent path indicator, VC holes, the autobrake disconnect, etc, etc...Even on to a bit more major, IMHO, issues, like the CDU freezing, which is probably the most frustrating because of it's unpredictability. First day after patch release, I flew a couple of flights with it, no freezes. Sure enough though, I believe it was the third (and last) flight I'd taken, it locked up modifying an arrival constraint.Individually they are all but meaningless, but taken together, I can't agree that the T7 is "satisfactory".I think anyone who's familiar with your patching process knows, once you move on, that's it, you won't revisit the T7 again, at least not based on your track record. The most we might get is an FSX compatibility patch, but again, using history as a guide, with no new features/improvements. I sure am glad I didn't buy the whole lot.Alright, well, I'll shut up now for good, I promise.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Guest NormanB

Actually Brian, to be fair to what GW has said, currently we are looking at the issues that the extended testers (the beta team and some random members of this forum) didnt see but have been reported.Thats what he means by reviewing. Post review, should (there will) there be a need to issue another patch, then that is what we will do.

Guest adameke777

>1 - I meant AT disengage automatically upon reverse thrust>application. For me it is not doing that. When I pull the>throttles to R/T the AT does not disengage instead it prevents>me from going into R/T. I have not experienced the fix here.Program F2 key press to the throttle lever if possible, or simply press F2.>2 - That's a shame. That problem is not seen on any other>high-fidelity models. Not a 'dis' just an observation.It's a shame it does not work for you. Whenever I hit the toe brakes, I am happy to see the Autobrake knob go into "disengage."Adam

Guest adameke777

>>1 - Autoextend of speedbrakes upon landing even with>speedbrake armed. Even with reverse thust applied they stay>in the armed position and I have to extend them manually.Interesting ... I see them extend in spot view when thrust reverse goes off.Adam

>>It's a shame it does not work for you. Whenever I hit the toe>brakes, I am happy to see the Autobrake knob go into>"disengage.">>Adam>>I would be VERY interested to hear how you set this up when rven PSS says it cannot happen due to a/b being fs9 default on the 777.regards,Markhttp://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a319/mar.../sup_banner.jpgXPHomeSP2/FS9.1/3.2HT/1024mb/X700pro256

Regards,

Mark

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.