Sign in to follow this  
BoHappy

757 Pre-Order Business Idea?

i agreeI am going to send email to customer support for refundi think it was premature and rediculous to pre-purchase and wait such a long time, so i am going to ask for my money backBo

Bo Klop

Guest Phoenix 1

Although I Fully undrstand the feelings and will address this later, I must object to your use of the sentence below"the customers who have put out money to this so far are left in the dark"Nobody is left in the dark, All the information regarding release is freely available right here in the forum. the Idea of pre release sales has been around for years, it is not simply a "PSS" business idea. We felt it was the right thing to do to a) generate some interest in the product:( Allow those customers who pre buy to get the product first and as soon as it is releasedc) to generate income for the business (as that is what it is) If you look at most software retailers , Game, PC World etc they all do the same thing and in a lot of cased MANY months before availability ! for example http://flyawaysimulation.com/article1719.htmlthere is NO official release date for FSX so this particular website is right out of orderHere's another http://www.fspilotshop.com/product_info.php?products_id=899so Basically there is nothing we are doing that is "Wrong" in our opinion, we have stated that the 757 WILL be available in August 2006 and rest assured this will be sooner rather than later.. However, and to finish... IF you do still require a refund then please contact support.. We will not refuse any genuine requestHopefully this will go some way to alleviate your worries

Guest Chase87

But guys, like they've been saying in all the other posts. They never told you to purchase it. Its there for those who would like to use it. No confirmation of a release date, so, for all I knew when I bought it June 3rd was that it was going to be released next week. Just sit back, relax, and enjoy the little hints that they give us. =) - It's all for the better anyways ;)

Guest jeffg

My point was that there has not been alot of feedback from PSS as how the development is going.I have read all the posts and I for one have never asked for a release date.I read last week from someone asking for some VC shots and only 1 was posted.The main point was asking why the pre-orders started so early with the 757?I was not attacking PSS or its developers in any way.I hope it did not come across that way as that was not my intentions. What I would like to see one day is a developer give the sim community a paper on what it takes to bring out a plane like the 757 and everything it takes in between.I was at the Avsim convention 2 years ago in Denver and brought that idea to Tom Allensworth but nothing came of it.I think if the general public saw what it takes it might help. JeffG

hmm I agree with 1 thing, I at least think we deserve some VC screenshots. But I'am fine with the PSS 757 being released in Auguest(Please PSS, make sure the plane is bug free before release). But can we please have some VC screenshots.

Guest DJL

well.. if they keep setting up a flight, flying it, taking pictures for us all, then the release date will be pushed away from "maybe sooner than later" to "maybe later than sooner".I can't agree with Jeff and Michael.PSS has shown the progress of the 757 (even when it wasn't asked)right now it seems they are on the finishing touches... well... hop on a a319, maybe the workhorse a320... why not try the a330 or dare to take the skies with the a340 or the b777 in the meantimeYou should be taking pictures of what you have and show off =) I can't wait to see either or ;)I just finished a nice flight from Frankfurt to Lisbona with a nice TAP a319 (codeshare for United Virutal). I am jumping around small airports with different aircrafts while I am waiting =)I suggest you do the same and let's all give PSS team time to finish up in great style =)DJL

because everybody is so concerned with getting market share, they are breaking their legs selling products they don't actually have, with the promises of delivering.gotta love it. i wonder how it will turn out in the end (most of us will buy all of them anyway)

Guys, I know it's frustrating, but please be patient, they have already said that it's coming out this month, and there is not that many days left...

I just want to ask if anyone here has ever dealt with Codemasters? I love there driving games and EB games always pre-orders them here in the states. Most of the time when I order Codemasters has not even set a release date. Most of the time when they do set a release date it is months away from the time you bought the product and they miss it by a few weeks to a month. Point being, this is a common practice in software sales. Even my company offers "beta offers" to companies who are willing to buy before a release goes GA.This IS NOT new or unique to Phoenix, this is NOT bad business practices, this is STANDARD INDUSTRY PRACTICES!!!Like others have said, no one forced anyone to buy anything. If you did buy then educate yourself with what you are getting rather than complaining.You ARE getting the ability to download 24 hours before everyone else UPON RELEASE. That means you sit and wait patiently until the product is released, end of story!!! Going back to my original example, would you start complaining to Codemasters that they should hurry up releasing Race Driver3? No of course not, they are a big company so why would you complain to Phoenix? I can tell you why, because the people involved with this and other FS organizations are nice enough to post in these forums and people take advantage of that direct contact posting things that would not be possible if Phoenix was to shift to a "normal" support model where the developers and people involved with the product did not have "direct" contact with the customer base. Instead, they offer us this line of communication and too often we take advantage of it...Sad,-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

I am also chomping at the bit to get this. I preordered it as well. It is the first FS product that I have done this for. I want it ASAP too, but I want it to be as bug free as possible. If its released too soon people will complain about bugs. I would rather let the beta testers find the bugs than to have it happen on approach of a 3 hr flight. This product should be a huge sucess. A good 757 payware has been lacking for way too long. I know 1 other company has made 1 but I find their products to be all eye candy and NO realism.So in closing I say....... GIMME GIMME GIMME I want it! :)

Richie Walsh

I've been a PSS customer pretty much since their beginning, am participating in the 757 pre-order, and am quite happy with the way they do business. Their products since day one have been leading edge and this one will be no different. When the product is ready for release it'll be released. Dave

I'am not rushing PSS to release it earlier, if you read my earlier post, you would of seen me saying "PSS please take your time". All I was asking was for 1 good VC screenshot, I think that we at least deserve that.

Guest Nick Bartolotta

I'm a first time PSS customer with my pre-order 757, so I am really interested to see how the product is when it is finally released (in terms of bugs).I think Dave nailed it though, "When the product is ready for release it'll be released." <- Can't get any more simple. I would be thrilled if tomorrow it was released, and I really wish it is, but not if that means I can't fly it because of bugs left and right. Keep that in mind - when you get the aircraft, most of us want to be able to USE it.

>I'm a first time PSS customer with my pre-order 757, so I am>really interested to see how the product is when it is finally>released (in terms of bugs).Trust me we're all working hard to ensure there are as few bugs as possible;-)RegardsJames

OMG!!!! No offence but Please READ my post, no where am I saying PSS release it tomorow, I'am saying PSS please take your time and make sure it is Bug free, but what I was saying was, PSS please give us some VC screenshots. Sorry I went all mad, but this is the 2nd time in this thread it happened. Sorry again :(