Sign in to follow this  
Guest nicolacassa

Cold an dark panel at startup

Guest nicolacassa

Hi,I don't know why, but I can't get my B772LR/2004 panel loading in cold and dark status. The steps I know are:open setup menu and go to startup options, then set cold and dark, but restarting the sim nothing happens, the only way I found to do it is to start the aircraft using the saved tutorial flight. Any idea? Do I miss something?Thank youNicola

>Hi,>I don't know why, but I can't get my B772LR/2004 panel loading>in cold and dark status. The steps I know are:>open setup menu and go to startup options, then set cold and>dark, but restarting the sim nothing happens, the only way I>found to do it is to start the aircraft using the saved>tutorial flight. Any idea? Do I miss something?>>Thank you>>Nicolasame for me nicola.unfortunately no PSS statement about this bug.They are only busy with the CDU lockups and seem to disregard the other numerous bugs left on this aircraft.I fear we will have to live with it for ever.Yves Lefevre

Guest NormanB

>I fear we will have to live with it for ever.I've posted it elsewhere however the way I and many others have done it is thus:* Start FS* Select the default flight* Change to the 777.* Using the shift 8 util, set cold and dark* Go set some switches just the way you like whilst you are there* SAVE the situation (dont mark as default)Next time you start FS you should be able to load the default flight and then select your recently saved 777 flight. It may be possible to skip loading the default flight but not something I personally do or that we support.

>>I fear we will have to live with it for ever.>>I've posted it elsewhere however the way I and many others>have done it is thus:>>* Start FS>* Select the default flight>* Change to the 777.>* Using the shift 8 util, set cold and dark>* Go set some switches just the way you like whilst you are>there>* SAVE the situation (dont mark as default)>>Next time you start FS you should be able to load the default>flight and then select your recently saved 777 flight. It may>be possible to skip loading the default flight but not>something I personally do or that we support.Norman,I tried that already a DOZEN of times IT SIMPLY DOESN'T WORK!!!!!!!How do I have to say that?in Chinese maybe.and no I am not the only one.The sooner you will accept that as a bug, the sooner we will get a fix.I am ready to help you but only if treat the cases I send to you respectfully.Basically what you are saying here: Set the 777 flight yourself C & D and save the flight and next time you load it it will be C & D.Can you tell me then seriously what is the purpose of the Shift-8 panel setting then? In this case it serves no purpose it is only the "don't change" option that does work. So my conclusion : IT IS A BUGdon't you agree?RegardsYves Lefevre

>There is an initial flash of power/warnings before total c&d>- Is that what you mean Yves? Or do your displays etc stay>powered up permanently?>>regards,>Mark>http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a319/mar.../sup_banner.jpg>XPHomeSP2/FS9.1/3.2HT/1024mb/X700pro256It comes up dark then all the screens powers-up and the engines starts.The initial flash of power before total c&d happens only with the tutorial flight scenarioYves Lefevre

Strange - I do not see this - the setup options work ok for me, and I never start from a saved flight per se, I just enter the sim where I last left it, ie 'previous flight' is my default.I always leave the sim with a default a/c selected, so when I start again at 'create a flight' that default a/c is in the select a/c window - I select the T7 from there (though not recommended) and voila - c&d or whichever option I selected in setup.Wonder why the difference???regards,Markhttp://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a319/mar.../sup_banner.jpgXPHomeSP2/FS9.1/3.2HT/1024mb/X700pro256

Regards,

Mark

Hi,This is what I have learned to do, it is as Norman says:->>Start flightsim and I have the Cessna selected and have engines off and Master and Avionics on. Save this as default flight and also ensure that the 777 Setup is selected for Cold and Dark.>>Also ensure that ALL switches in the 777 are switched to the positions you want them on start up, so if you want completely dark and cold, then switch them all off, if you want them half switched then switch what you want off and what you want on. Save this flight with whatever name you want.>>Restart FS and once it has loaded with the default Cessna flight, then Select the 777 flight situation you saved previously.This works fine for me and it did take me a while to sort it out as well....Graham

>Hi,>>This is what I have learned to do, it is as Norman says:->>>>Start flightsim and I have the Cessna selected and have>engines off and Master and Avionics on. Save this as default>flight and also ensure that the 777 Setup is selected for Cold>and Dark.>>>Also ensure that ALL switches in the 777 are switched to the>positions you want them on start up, so if you want completely>dark and cold, then switch them all off, if you want them half>switched then switch what you want off and what you want on.>Save this flight with whatever name you want.>>>Restart FS and once it has loaded with the default Cessna>flight, then Select the 777 flight situation you saved>previously.>>This works fine for me and it did take me a while to sort it>out as well....>>GrahamGraham If it is the way to do it.Why is the option in shift-8 panel present? There are 3 options there Don't changeEngines offCold and darkIf i put the selector on engine off or don't change and then reload a previuosly saved flight where I have switched off myself everything,it will load cold and darkBasically that's what I am doing since the beginning by loading the tutorial scenario.the goal is to Create a flight with the 777 and when it loads, the panel is cold and dark and that is never the case for me and for other people.your solution is only a workaround to a bug.I hope one day PSS will recognise that but I seriuously doubt of it nowanyway thanks for trying to helpYves Lefevre

Same for me. I gave up and just created my own cold and dark and saved it.

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs

Guest Remotec

Surely the point on the util panel is that so when you select "Cold and Dark" the next time you start the PSS77 from the Flight Sim create flight screen it starts cold and dark?

>Surely the point on the util panel is that so when you select>"Cold and Dark" the next time you start the PSS77 from the>Flight Sim create flight screen it starts cold and dark?that's the theory and how I understood it.But in practice It is not soIt never starts cold and darkYves

Hy, I heard that there could be a problem with the language of the installation of fs9. Could it be that could and dark only works with an English version of FS9? anyone using a different language rather than english out there who's cold and dark does not work? I use a spanish fs9, and it does not work...Javier

>Hy, I heard that there could be a problem with the language>of the installation of fs9. Could it be that could and dark>only works with an English version of FS9? anyone using a>different language rather than english out there who's cold>and dark does not work? I use a spanish fs9, and it does not>work...>>JavierHi Javier,that sounds a good point I have the french version.Yves Lefevre

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.